DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurred images.

Mikey Gee

Reactions
I've been flying my DJI Mini3 Pro for about two years with no issues. Yesterday I uploaded the latest firmware
and now all the still images that I shoot have a blurred and ripple effect. The camera is actually vibrating at a very high frequency. Does anyone have any thoughts.
Thanks. M
Crane.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like it's the horizontal scan on the sensor that isn't working properly (it scans top to bottom in landscape orientation: so it will be right to left in portrait mode).

If this is something caused by a firmware artefact (changes to code in one line causing a knock-on glitch further down the pipeline.... definitely not uncommon) it will affect a lot of other users as well, which means DJI will release a bug fix firmware pretty quickly.

Create a thread on the DJI forum and cut-and-paste your post and picture(s)... get the ball rolling where DJI employees are likely to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starz and Mikey Gee
Thanks for the above. I've now had time to check the drone again and the camera gimbal is vibrating and buzzing at a very high frequency, I assume that's causing the issue with the image quality.

Download ASSISTANT 2 from the official mini 3 DJI download page and try a hard wired connection between drone and PC. If you get a link: try re-flashing the firmware to the last version you were using before everything went pear-shaped (the list entry directly beneath the top one which will be marked in red: CURRENT FIRMWARE).

Seeing as this will be the last-but-one firmware: they should have the same rollback number which means this shouldn't present a problem.

Also: if you've updated to the latest FLY app release, uninstall it and download an older version (site:APKMIRROR).

This should show whether your problem is as a result of dodgy new firmware.

Reactions: Mikey Gee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWaterOps