DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurry images from M2 Zoom

Vague Nerd

Reactions
Hi folks. So, this is becoming an increasingly frequent recurring problem. I have a M2 Zoom. I am not a photographer. At all. But I get to some cool places take out my drone and start shooting, get home download the images and seemingly at random the whole flight has blurry images. The first time it happened was a 2m after I got the drone. The images looked so bad I thought I must have left the gimbal cover on. I was embarrassed... and didn't tell anyone. But then it happened again. And again. I use a smart controller. Even with that, if it is bright outside it is hard to see the screen to evaluate the image. It looks ok on the screen and I get home and the images are crap. Again, I am not a photographer. I use autofocus, and set white balance to either sunny or cloudy. I don't mess with the settings. I don't often use filters. This happens regardless of sun or cloud. When I do catch it on the controller, and if I land the drone power everything off and back on again, the problem usually goes away. ("Have you tried turning it off an on?" Check.) But again I don't know when it is going to happen and I cannot always detect it. And my eyes aren't great anymore to make things worse.

I have searched high and low on the interweb and here and no one seems to have quite this problem. And I realize that there are only 4 other people on this planet that bought a M2 Zoom... if you are one of them can you help??!! I just did an epic trip up the Elaho River in BC and it took hours of rough 4x4 to get there only to realize that my epic shot is crap! I can post video if it will help, but I don't know how to render a 1 GB file into something more manageable for this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried fixing focus on the sky. The using that taken your other images?
Are you accessing the full image or a low res preview?
How old is your drone?
Have you contacted DJI?

Have you tried fixing focus on the sky. The using that taken your other images?
Are you accessing the full image or a low res preview?
How old is your drone?
Have you contacted DJI?
Thanks for all that. No haven't tried fixing the focus... problem is I don't often catch it before it is too late. If I see the issue I will focus on the sky or even set it manually to infinity and see if it clears the image up on the controller. I am accessing the full images right off the SD card. But the preview on the controller (once i get into a darker area also look crappy). Drone was bought at Xmas 2020. I have not contacted DJI... I have found that to be, um, less than satisfactory: I can never actually speak to anyone and they say they will email me back but never do. I find that the people on this site often are more helpful... but then again I haven't brought a technical issue to DJI before usually it is about getting shipment info etc.

I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro 2 but with video. My advice turn on Peak focus so you can see what it thinks is in focus, use manual focus and go to Infinity on the focus. Had the same problem with not being able to see it on a small screen. Not had this problem with my other drones....the Peak focus thing hopefully helps your issue. Not sure why its so finicky on focus, neither my Phantom 3 or Parrot have this issue.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro 2 but with video. My advice turn on Peak focus so you can see what it thinks is in focus, use manual focus and go to Infinity on the focus. Had the same problem with not being able to see it on a small screen. Not had this problem with my other drones....the Peak focus thing hopefully helps your issue. Not sure why its so finicky on focus, neither my Phantom 3 or Parrot have this issue.
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks much. Will try this in the next couple of days.

I've too had some issues with blurry photos and video. What caused the issue was that that I forgot to adjust focus after takeoff. Usually the drones auto focus focuses on the nearest thing when I power it on. That can be some tall grass or my feet when standing in front of it. Taking off and tapping the screen to let it adjust focus on a far of object when hovering did the trick for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98