DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Bodensee

Very nice area!

In 1995 my wife and I joined about 70 other couples literally from around the world for a tandem bicycle ride completely around the Bodensee sponsored by Santana, the maker of our bicycle. Our luggage was moved from hotel to hotel by the sponsor, and the ride took about two weeks counting some side trips along the way ... including a ride to Liechtenstein and a trip on that old German boat that's the twin to the boat from the old movie The African Queen. It was an awesome experience. If you live in the area and are old enough you may remember hearing about the ride because it was reported in the newspapers in almost all of the cities along the route.

We actually got a ticket and had to pay a fine leaving Bregenz in Austria. It was the first thing in the morning right after we left the hotel and the rain was pouring down so heavily that we could barely see the road, much less the stop sign at an intersection. We tried to explain the situation to the lady gendarme, but she rejected our plea and gave us the ticket anyway. It wasn't cheap, either.

I'm old enough - 68 - but I can't remember your Bodenseetour. I hope you had a great time despite the ticket and the rain and enjoyed the scenery.
In 1995 I lived in Bregenz, but now I live in the neighbouring municipality of Hard. The video comes from Hard.

Attachments

• Hard Rundflug.jpg
    Hard Rundflug.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hard on Lake Constance in Austria. While my wife was walking the dog, I flew over the lake with my Air.
I was to the Bodensee (Lake Constance) years ago and remember a beautiful castle on the German side. Too bad you didn't show it.

Meersburg, the only castle I know, is 35 km away from my starting point across the lake. That is too far for my Air1. LOL

I'm old enough - 68 - but I can't remember your Bodenseetour. I hope you had a great time despite the ticket and the rain and enjoyed the scenery.
In 1995 I lived in Bregenz, but now I live in the neighbouring municipality of Hard. The video comes from Hard.

Oh we definitely had a terrific time. It was just fantastic. I remembered enough from my high school German classes to even kind of communicate with the locals. We kept the ticket as a souvenir ... it's the ONLY time I've ever been ticketed on my bicycle. We told our friends it was a speeding ticket. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada