DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boggling fly away - Mavic Pro

The difference that make, when the IMU is off closely to half a turn (180 degrees) is that the AC will flyaway in a straight path ... what the craft think's is the front is actually the rear.

If close to 90 degrees off the AC instead will flyaway in a circular path (known as a toilet bowled path).

Your friends flyaway path looked to be mainly straight ... so I imagine the IMU was off closer to 180 degrees due to the earlier mentioned 2 reasons ... only the DAT log can specify which of them actually caused this. One is definitely a pilot error & one isn't.

Sounds like what happened to me the first time I went to use my used Mavic pro, where I took it up about 100', then it just decided to take off on its own. Kept saying Atti mode and interference, and couldn't return home. It went a couple miles, while I watched, helplessly, through the camera, which I could control. Also, up and down worked. I found it a week later, and just had to replace a leg and the gimbal cover.

Turns out I didn't wait long enough for GPS before taking off. I'll never make that mistake again. I haven't actually even used it more than to test it out after replacing the leg, because I got a mini 2, which is way more awesome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61