DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boone, NC Lost Mavic! (11/10/17)

fly.nc

Reactions
Hey everyone!

New to the message boards but not a new pilot. Looking for some help in locating (or narrowing down) the spot for my drone fly away.

I have attached my flight logs and a few extra things. Let me know if anyone can help (or has found it)!

PS. I have looked around the property of where the last GPS location pinged from, but could not see anything.

Check these links to for some more information on my flight logs.

Dropbox - drone.htm

Dropbox - drone1.htm

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-11-10_[07-55-57].txt
    986.4 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to the forum fly .
We have a member here that might be near you @BigAl07
and will move this and maybe someone can give you some assistance .

Howdy neighbor. Always good to see another Tar Heel here on the forums.

Sorry to hear about losing your UAS. I'm going to tag @msinger as he is one of our "flight data gurus" and he might be able to help some. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case there's something more I can do to help. Another sharp one is @Meta4. He might be able to shed some light on location for you.

If I were going to be up there I'd def go up with some of our UAS and see if we could help locate. Unfortunately I'm stuck here on Haywood County with a booked schedule for a while.

Good luck and keep me updated if I can help.

Allen

Reactions: fly.nc and dirkclod
What was your "return to home" settings set to? Is it set to RTH on signal lost? What was the RTH height? My guess is your drone crashed in that back yard. It was quite low, lower than the tops of those trees.

What was your "return to home" settings set to? Is it set to RTH on signal lost? What was the RTH height?
I will have to check what they were set at. Off the top of my head they were set at the default..but either way it did not respond when I clicked RTH. DJI said it did respond, however did not actually start heading the other way

I will have to check what they were set at. Off the top of my head they were set at the default..but either way it did not respond when I clicked RTH. DJI said it did respond, however did not actually start heading the other way
Actually to me it does look like the drone is trying to go home, but it is avoiding obstacles and that is taking it further away from you. It was very close to the ground during the RTH which makes me believe that is what happened.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pingaddict