DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boston drone rules

RRDC Media

Reactions
I'm going to be in Boston soon and will have a full day to explore and get some cool drone footage. I'd like to capture the main sights and a quick google search shows that Boston is relatively drone friendly.

2 questions:
1) besides the airport, are there any places I cannot fly?
2) any cool places that I should definitely should get some shots?

Thanks!

Check out the app B4UFLY for no fly zones. Also, many areas in Boston prohibit takeoff and landings such as several Universities and hospitals. The no fly zone for the airport is very large and encompasses many historical areas that would have been great to fly a drone.

Reactions: RRDC Media
I'm going to be in Boston soon and will have a full day to explore and get some cool drone footage. I'd like to capture the main sights and a quick google search shows that Boston is relatively drone friendly.

2 questions:
1) besides the airport, are there any places I cannot fly?
2) any cool places that I should definitely should get some shots?

Thanks!
I grew up in the Boston Area. Often times you will see rowing sculls on the Charles River. There is also the old north church (One if by land, two if by sea and I on the opposite shore will be...) The USS Constitution is docked in Charlestown and is the oldest commissioned warship in the US Navy. Also in Charlestown (named after King Charles) is the Bunker Hill monument, though it is atop Breeds Hill.

The entire area is ripe with history. Are you going to make it to Cape Cod? On the outer cape are some sand dunes. If not a short ride north brings you to Rockport, Marblehead and Salem. All very scenic. Enjoy your trip and know that the letter "R" doesn't exist in Boston, hence your parents are your mutha and fatha. It something is good it is "wicked, pissa or wicked pissa. Traffic circles are called rotaries and public drinking fountains are called bubblas

use B4Fly and AirControl app for LAANC,carry T.R.U.S.T certification and FFA registration,you will be stopped and checked by State police if seen,all the places mentioned by hovardk are awesome and part of Red zone,make sure you check app before flying,if stopped by state police you will be asked to show LAANC approval ,they are actually very knowledgeable about drone rules,always fly VLOS and dont fly over “anyone”……always or they will get you on”something”…enjoy

Reactions: RRDC Media