DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought my Mavic 2 Pro used - the drone has flown 4 hours and was bought early June 2019 - I have technical questions :

Reactions
So. I would like to see how I can make sure that the seller told me the truth with the date of purchase.

I saw in his app (while we tested the M2P) that the M2P has a log of 3 h 57 min since he registered his drone.

so my question is there any way that I can double-check when the drone was activated for the 1st time?

Could I ask the DJI online support to check it out with the serial number?

I see so many posts that relate a crash or a fly away while the drone is flying with no logics action or pilots' errors. Among the answers given, some people talk about the calibration process... I owned a phantom 2, years ago and prior to the flight, I was doing my calibration before the take-off and now, it seems we don't need to do it. correct? I did the calibration of my drone when I plugged to the DJI program just right after bought it. is it enough? I've looked on youtube videos and no one does a calibration prior to taking off.

how long the warranty lasts? I am in the US- say my seller told me the truth on his purchase (early June 2019) in case of trouble due to a machine error (e.g the machine crashes and according to the flight data, I did nothing wrong, could I pretend to have a replacement? even if the first owner

This machine has the flight data available, stored in my iPhone in real-time, what happens if my iPhone can't download the file on the phone because I've no enough Gb available?

is it important to know how to read those data? I mean, will the knowledge of how breaking down all information be helpful only in case of crash or not?

and the last question, I made a test this afternoon, just in my front yard. How could I remove all the information about the flight that displays in front of the image :

1571280270174.png
the file is .mp4
1571280336800.png

I am sure someone may have experienced this too... lol

Sorry for all questions, I've been searching in the find treat button and didn't find answers, maybe because I miss the right keywords, I've been feeling I am turning around.

Could I ask the DJI online support to check it out with the serial number?
DJI won't be able to give you that information. They are only able to track flight time for any flight logs that were uploaded from DJI GO. Uploading those logs is a manual process and it's optional.

I see so many posts that relate a crash or a fly away while the drone is flying with no logics action or pilots' errors.
Check out this guide on preventing common pilot issues:
Prevent a Crash or Flyaway with Your DJI Drone (The Complete Guide)

I owned a phantom 2, years ago and prior to the flight, I was doing my calibration before the take-off and now, it seems we don't need to do it. correct?
If you're referring to calibrating the compass, you don't need to do that before every flight. See more details in the Mavic Compass Calibration Guide.

how long the warranty lasts?
The warranty is good for 1 year after the drone was activated in DJI GO. Some parts (like batteries) are covered for less than one year. See more details on DJI's site here.

This machine has the flight data available, stored in my iPhone in real-time, what happens if my iPhone can't download the file on the phone because I've no enough Gb available?
If you completely fill up the memory on your iPhone, DJI GO probably won't even run properly. So, this likely will never become a problem.

is it important to know how to read those data? I mean, will the knowledge of how breaking down all information be helpful only in case of crash or not?
It could be important depending on what you're trying to do. If you want to see what's available in those flight logs, you can read them with my online flight log viewer or the other flight log tools here.

How could I remove all the information about the flight that displays in front of the image
Disable the "Video Caption" setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Video-Caption.jpg

Reactions: Cymruflyer
The video captioning feature stores the caption in a separate SRT file that contains a frame stamp to keep in sync with the video. It appears your player automatically overlays the SRT info onto the video playback. There should be a setting in your player to turn it off if you want to retain the SRT for use in the future.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The video captioning feature stores the caption in a separate SRT file that contains a frame stamp to keep in sync with the video. It appears your player automatically overlays the SRT info onto the video playback. There should be a setting in your player to turn it off if you want to retain the SRT for use in the future.
Good to know! thanks :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007