DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bracketing for HDR etc

Thanks! I also read that there is a spot meter option which does the same thing, but I think it was stated that the finger touch works for EV only in that mode -not focus. Does Auto mode set focus AND exposure wth finger touch?
You choose which option touch activates in the upper right. You can quickly switch between them as necessary.

I do quite a lot of HDR photography and tend not to use exposure bracketing at all. A much quicker and simpler way is to set the focus function to exposure (it goes yellow instead of green) then literally touch the screen shoot, touch the screen, shoot etc for each of the brightest or darkest areas. You can shoot 5 or so pictures quite quickly and they tend to be the ones with the biggest exposure difference eg sky to mountain to foreground. I then use lightroom to create the HDR automatically and it works well.
Good idea!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
A big flaw in the DJI AEB (and has been for years) is you cant change the range to anything other than the default, fairly useless 2/3 of a stop.
This means AEB works for some scenes but simply isnt enough for seems with true high dynamic range.
Quite often you're better off taking a manual series of brackets which does take longer but will produce a far better final result than the inbuilt AEB.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle