DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bradenton Beach Drone, FL - Please Proofread My Letter To City Council

BeticusMagnus

Reactions
Please proofread my letter to the city council of Bradenton Beach, FL. They have cited three references for not allowing drone operations, when no specific language exists in the cited references prohibiting UAS operations: Bradenton Beach Ordinance 94-141B (does not exist), Manatee County Parks Code 2-24 and Florida Statues 162.

Here is the letter to the council:

Re: UNLAWFUL RESTRICTION ON OPERATION OF UAS VEHICLES OVER BEACH AND PARK AREA

Dear Members of the Bradenton Beach City Council,
I am writing to address the current policy on drone operations within the confines of the beach and park area at Bradenton Beach. It has come to my attention that there is a policy being enforced which restricts the flying of drones. However, upon thorough review, I have found that this policy is not codified in any existing law or ordinance, either locally or at the county/state level.

Specifically, the ordinance reference 94-141B, which is cited as the basis for this policy, does not exist in the Bradenton Beach Code of Ordinances. Additionally, Manatee County Parks Code 2-24 makes no mention of prohibiting drone flights. Furthermore, Florida Statute 162, which deals with code enforcement, does not cover the regulation of drone operations over beaches or park areas.

As a responsible drone operator, I adhere to all applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and safety protocols. There is no FAA requirement to seek LAANC authorization to fly in that specific airspace. Drone operations that are not sustained over people or moving vehicles are not prohibited either. It is important for local policies to align with state and federal laws to avoid confusion and ensure that all regulations are clear and enforceable. It is important to understand that as Public Servants, you do not make decrees – you must obey the will of the People at all times as well as the laws and other instruments that constrain your actions while in the performance of your duties.
I respectfully request that the City Council review the current policy on drone operations and provide clarification on the legal basis for any restrictions. I also demand that you remove the no drone advisory of your bulletin boards posted at the beach at Bradenton Beach as well as Coquina Beach. If no such legal basis exists, I urge the Council to reconsider the enforcement of this policy to ensure it is in compliance with existing laws and regulations.

I wish to inform Bradenton Beach City Council that any interference with a drone operator during the course of their duties constitutes a federal crime. Such interference not only disrupts aircraft operations but also poses a significant risk to public safety due to potential distractions. It is crucial that all actions taken by the Council align with federal regulations to ensure the safety and legality of drone operations.

Furthermore, potential legal consequences of denying a citizen their Constitutional rights while conducting drone operations exists in this matter. Interfering with a drone operator may infringe upon their First Amendment right to free expression and their Fourth Amendment right to privacy. Such actions could expose the City Council to lawsuits for violating these Constitutional protections. It is imperative that the Council ensures its policies and actions are in full compliance with federal and Constitutional law to avoid legal repercussions and uphold the rights of its citizens.

• Love
Reactions: AeroJ
Absolutely bloody superb mate. Knocked it out of the park, or should I say - off the beach ! Extra points for no typos or grammatical errors too ! :D

If I could find a GIF of a cat clapping, it would be here, specially for this bit...

''It is important to understand that as Public Servants, you do not make decrees – you must obey the will of the People at all times as well as the laws and other instruments that constrain your actions while in the performance of your duties.''

I suspect a lot of officials could do with that reminder, or perhaps it is merely us being naive to imagine that this remit is something they pay the slightest bit of attention to at all in our current troubled times !

Last edited:
I would remove these portions:

...It is important to understand that as Public Servants, you do not make decrees – you must obey the will of the People at all times as well as the laws and other instruments that constrain your actions while in the performance of your duties.

Adds nothing to your legal argument, and is insulting. They know this.

I wish to inform Bradenton Beach City Council that any interference with a drone operator during the course of their duties constitutes a federal crime. Such interference not only disrupts aircraft operations but also poses a significant risk to public safety due to potential distractions. It is crucial that all actions taken by the Council align with federal regulations to ensure the safety and legality of drone operations.

Furthermore, potential legal consequences of denying a citizen their Constitutional rights while conducting drone operations exists in this matter. Interfering with a drone operator may infringe upon their First Amendment right to free expression and their Fourth Amendment right to privacy. Such actions could expose the City Council to lawsuits for violating these Constitutional protections. It is imperative that the Council ensures its policies and actions are in full compliance with federal and Constitutional law to avoid legal repercussions and uphold the rights of its citizens.

Sounds like a threat, and again doesn't further your legal argument. They have an attorney, who will be given your letter, and doesn't need to be informed of this.

Unless you mean to imply, "do what I want or I'm going to sue you", which is a bad way to start your first inquiry into this, I'd keep it just to the facts of existing law, and rest your case on that. Keep it otherwise business-like and professional.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraggen