Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Braking on sports mode

BaNZ

Reactions
I'm playing it with high wind gust today. Didn't fly that far, all within VLOS. I can see that the drone tilts a lots. It's even worse when I go forward in full speed then stop or go backward. I'm kinda worried that if I go too fast and do a stop, the drone might fall out of the sky due to exceeding the tilt threshold and the wind might push it even further? Has anyone experienced something like that?

Or that I should trust the MA software/hardware?

houldsworth1

Reactions
I'm playing it with high wind gust today. Didn't fly that far, all within VLOS. I can see that the drone tilts a lots. It's even worse when I go forward in full speed then stop or go backward. I'm kinda worried that if I go too fast and do a stop, the drone might fall out of the sky due to exceeding the tilt threshold and the wind might push it even further? Has anyone experienced something like that?

Trust the software - it knows exactly how far it is tilting and won't go beyond it's max.

Irish-apple

Reactions
dont brake if possible on sports mode let it slowly stop you could be going from 50koh to 0 in a sec and the blades could fail or stop I personally do not brake just gently slow it down .. thats me personally

Red Baron

Reactions

When tilting it is cutting through the air

corchard

Reactions
I haven't been able to do a roll or loop yet, but not for a lack of trying. Full forward down into a big gust to full back up. It complains with overload errors but the fight is still stable.