Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

brand new mavic pro hum updated or not?

droneuser

Reactions
Hi

I just got my Mavic pro
smile.gif
I have not flown it.. I am waiting for my new ipad mini 4 to get here :)

anyways I have been reading about firmware issues some people are having so question is do I updated!!

aircraft firmware? and ipad mini 4 os ( it being brand new I don't know what version it will come with) but if it needs an updated do I do it?

the more I read the more I am back and forth about this..lol

As far as I can tell, the latest MavicPro firmware is working fine. I kept my ipad Mini2 from updating to the very latest IOS (one version behind). The problems are usually with the GO app not yet being compatible with a new IOS update.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
As far as I can tell, the latest MavicPro firmware is working fine. I kept my ipad Mini2 from updating to the very latest IOS (one version behind). The problems are usually with the GO app not yet being compatible with a new IOS update.

ok good to know I don't know what os version comes with a new ipad mini 4 soo it could be the newest one :(

ok good to know I don't know what os version comes with a new ipad mini 4 soo it could be the newest one :(
I expect most issues with IOS11 are solved by now with the latest GO4 updates.

Firmware updates are optional, so you don't have to install them if you don't want to for some reason. I've been installing them on all of my DJI drones for years and have never run into any trouble. If you decide to update, follow the instructions and all should be just fine.

Here are a few videos that explain how to upgrade the firmware using DJI GO and the DJI Assistant 2 application (available here):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I stopped doing firmware updates after DJI started adding geo-fences that prevented me from flying areas that I’m perfectly legal to fly.[emoji34]

Reactions: JMF
I have always done the updates when they come out and never had a problem at all. I always use the app to do the updates. My mini pad is always up to date as well.

Well I got the AC and remote updated thru dji assprogram WHAT a pain I had to turn off windows driver signature enforcement function!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson