DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I update my brand new Mini 3 or not?

Marco Luz

Reactions
So recently I bought a brand new Mini 3 (not Pro), because it was a great deal with a RC command.
Now, my question is: The drone has the following firmware: 01.00.0200, RC: 01.03.0400 and FlySafe Data: 01.00.01.29
I am not a big fan of updates, specially when it is flying great and everything works flawlessly. But because some of you guys are more familiar with latest firmwares than me, please let me know if I should update everything or not.

Thanks in advance!

So recently I bought a brand new Mini 3 (not Pro), because it was a great deal with a RC command.
Now, my question is: The drone has the following firmware: 01.00.0200, RC: 01.03.0400 and FlySafe Data: 01.00.01.29
I am not a big fan of updates, specially when it is flying great and everything works flawlessly. But because some of you guys are more familiar with latest firmwares than me, please let me know if I should update everything or not.

Thanks in advance!
I keep all my drones updated and I've never had a problem. There have been very few situations where updating drone and controller firmware created issues for anyone; there's a lot of rumor and fretting, though.

Consider what happens if you have a serious accident or get caught for a serious rule violation. You're not going to look good if you've deliberately not kept your software up to date, especially the FlySafe database.

Last edited:
I keep all my drones updated and I've never had a problem. There have been very few situations where updating drone and controller firmware created issues; there's a lot of rumor and fretting, though.

Consider what happens if you have a serious accident or get caught for a serious rule violation. You're not going to look good if you've deliberately not kept your software up to date, especially the FlySafe database.
New firmware inherently introduces new issues. Unless your current update lacks Remote ID, i would leave it if it works without issue. Updates aren't mandatory. If taking every update as it's available makes you feel better, go for it, I'd at least give it some time in the field with others beforehand. You do you!

Reactions: Marco Luz
New firmware inherently introduces new issues. Unless your current update lacks Remote ID, i would leave it if it works without issue. Updates aren't mandatory. If taking every update as it's available makes you feel better, go for it, I'd at least give it some time in the field with others beforehand. You do you!
Thanks for your reply. It is working great, so I will not update for now. I´ve been kind of following this rule in my life that less updates, the better. And so far so good among all my devices. When I find one that works great, I wont touch it until it stops working :)
Unfortunately not many people has the Mini 3 non pro version regards feedback... so we´ll see how it goes :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne