DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Phantom 2 Just Unboxed (Can you Believe it?)

@Rip

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
westcoastdrones.net
Hi All!
I have a friend that after many years has decided to finally unbox his Phantom 2. It is brand new and obsolete at the same time.
Of course his batteries are as dead as a door-nail.
Naturally, he has asked me to put some "feelers" out to see if anyone here might possibly, hypothetically, have any leads to aquire a couple working batteries.
p2-batteries.jpg
I was able to find some online but at very exorbitant prices. I know the chances are pretty slim, but the request is for a fellow future pilot.
Any feedback would be welcome.

Reactions: Torque and careless
Reactions: GFields and @Rip
You could also try posting on the PhantomPilots forum. The link is at the bottom of the page. There are knowledgeable people over there that might be able to help out.

Chris

Reactions: Drone Master
Reactions: GFields
You could also try posting on the PhantomPilots forum. The link is at the bottom of the page. There are knowledgeable people over there that might be able to help out.

Chris
Yeah I know... But I got the answer and forwarded it to "the guy". (I am not a member of tat forum am I?)

Yeah I know... But I got the answer and forwarded it to "the guy". (I am not a member of tat forum am I?)
Was just trying to be helpful. I wouldn’t have any idea if you were a member of that forum.

Hi All!
I have a friend that after many years has decided to finally unbox his Phantom 2. It is brand new and obsolete at the same time.
Of course his batteries are as dead as a door-nail.
Naturally, he has asked me to put some "feelers" out to see if anyone here might possibly, hypothetically, have any leads to aquire a couple working batteries.
View attachment 154144
I was able to find some online but at very exorbitant prices. I know the chances are pretty slim, but the request is for a fellow future pilot.
Any feedback would be welcome.
Wow that was my first GPS drone and first crash after flying into power lines.

Reactions: @Rip and Torque
I had a couple of Phantom 2 drones. One had a GoPro on a Zenmuse gimbal and the other was a Vision Plus with it's own integrated gimbal and camera.

The P2s were notorious for their batteries degrading. On mine the batteries got puffy and were hard to trust after about 25 cycles.

I read somewhere that the batteries go into a type of hibernation. Not sure about it but the fella was able to short between two contacts and it reset the battery from this storage state and was able to charge again like normal. I am not sure if it is safe or accurate. It was a youtube video if I remember correctly.

Reactions: @Rip
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne