DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Z

Lets Fly

Reactions
M2Z arrived from B&H today at 6:30. I had to go out to dinner (date night and the wife got it for me for my 70th so had to leave it). Just got home, It's impressive.
I have been flying the Air for about two years, loved it but I am sure i will have some questions on this one.

Nice of her and congrats on turning 70.
Enjoy your new bird and you already know you are where you need to be with any issues.?

Reactions: Thomas B and zeusfl
Enjoy your new bird and your 70s !

Thank you all on the nice comments. I do have a question on starting up. I use the iPad mini 4 with the Mavic Air, when I go into the DJIGO4 app it shows the Air as my device. I see I can change that
to the M2, but does that make any difference to flying, or does the connection to the controller simply know what AC you are flying? Also does the app know what was done with the Air separate from the M2
or are the videos and photos just a continuation on your flight records?

Thank you all on the nice comments. I do have a question on starting up. I use the iPad mini 4 with the Mavic Air, when I go into the DJIGO4 app it shows the Air as my device. I see I can change that
to the M2, but does that make any difference to flying, or does the connection to the controller simply know what AC you are flying? Also does the app know what was done with the Air separate from the M2
or are the videos and photos just a continuation on your flight records?
The Go App should change to the aircraft linked upon start up (Unless they have fudged something in a firmware) But if not as you noted scroll over to correct aircraft before entering the App proper. I would rather be safe than sorry, but I don't think it will enter program if the other aircraft is selected (Could be wrong?)

As far as Defining difference between aircraft on flight records, I actually don't have a answer to that one...but seems DJI would have put that in or they couldn't logically look at logs if a issue happened. So my bet is somewhere in the logs states aircraft type. The fine folks on here that do logs will probably chime in on that...Have a good one...I love my "Z" and SC platform..it truly is a remarkable aircraft to fly and "Film" with. Happy Belated :)

The Go App should change to the aircraft linked upon start up (Unless they have fudged something in a firmware) But if not as you noted scroll over to correct aircraft before entering the App proper. I would rather be safe than sorry, but I don't think it will enter program if the other aircraft is selected (Could be wrong?)

As far as Defining difference between aircraft on flight records, I actually don't have a answer to that one...but seems DJI would have put that in or they couldn't logically look at logs if a issue happened. So my bet is somewhere in the logs states aircraft type. The fine folks on here that do logs will probably chime in on that...Have a good one...I love my "Z" and SC platform..it truly is a remarkable aircraft to fly and "Film" with. Happy Belated :)
Thanks for that, I'll see what happens. My birthday is actually Oct. 23rd, so I can stay 69 for a little longer.

OK, just took the first flight and everything was flawless. Went to 400 feet turned zoomed landed by return to home,
the nervous first jitters on wether it would just fly away are gone. The app and of corse the controller knew what was flying.

Reactions: dirkclod
OK, just took the first flight and everything was flawless. Went to 400 feet turned zoomed landed by return to home,
the nervous first jitters on wether it would just fly away are gone. The app and of corse the controller knew what was flying.
Just remember to get 4X zoom you have to be in 1080p 30Fps or less...I sure wish they could firmware that up to 60Fps. I hate switching over just to get full zoom ;)

Just remember to get 4X zoom you have to be in 1080p 30Fps or less...I sure wish they could firmware that up to 60Fps. I hate switching over just to get full zoom ;)
Thanks I will check that out. I still have all my internal preferred settings to go over.

Happy birthday! One big difference between the camera on the Zoom vs the Air (besides the zoom feature) is that the Air has a fixed focus and the Zoom has an adjustable focus. So look at videos on YouTube about the focus so you don't end up with blurry videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22