DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Breathtaking view in Lofoten, Norway

mroek

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I just came home from a holiday trip to Lofoten, and I had my new toy (the Mini 3 Pro) with me. I did get some nice footage, and this is probably my favourite:

The reward for doing all those steps is a stunning view, as shown in the video. I guess maybe I should have posted this in the Photo and Video Showcase subforum, but there isn't (yet) a prefix for the Mini 3 Pro (mods/admins, maybe add that prefix?), so I posted it here instead.

Any feedback/critique is welcome, BTW. I'm far from a professional, so I'm eager to learn. I'm editing in Davinci Resolve Studio.

That's awesome man !!! The only thing a could say is maybe use some ND filters so it's smoother

@mroek Very nice footage (but my legs hurt just watching it!). I am considering a visit to Lofoten next year (my first trip to Norway, land of my ancestors), I would be interested in your thoughts on the best time to go? I know July and August are very busy with tourists. Can you suggest the "sweet spot" to be there for good chance of fair weather, but without the worst of the high-summer crowds? Please send a PM! Thanks!

That's awesome man !!! The only thing a could say is maybe use some ND filters so it's smoother

I agree, and I have a Freewell set coming (should have been delivered yesterday, but it wasn't). For filming in daylight, it seems one would almost always want to have an ND on this drone.

Reactions: Bandeo
I just came home from a holiday trip to Lofoten, and I had my new toy (the Mini 3 Pro) with me. I did get some nice footage, and this is probably my favourite:

The reward for doing all those steps is a stunning view, as shown in the video. I guess maybe I should have posted this in the Photo and Video Showcase subforum, but there isn't (yet) a prefix for the Mini 3 Pro (mods/admins, maybe add that prefix?), so I posted it here instead.

Any feedback/critique is welcome, BTW. I'm far from a professional, so I'm eager to learn. I'm editing in Davinci Resolve Studio.
Very nicely done. Stunningly beautiful place.

That is some incredible footage….Remarkable

Seriously fine videography. Well matched music. I usually kill the sound after 10 seconds, but not yours. Very nice reveal shot from the hikers sliding right, to the town. Very professionally done.

Reactions: Torque
Seriously fine videography. Well matched music. I usually kill the sound after 10 seconds, but not yours. Very nice reveal shot from the hikers sliding right, to the town. Very professionally done.

Thanks! I spent a really long time finding good music, and I ended up signing up for a paid service (Artlist.io) to have better options, and that's where I found that piece of music. I'm happy that you also liked it!

And to all the others who have commented, I really appreciate it!

I just watched that video again. If the Reinebringen tourism commission and the chamber of commerce give out gold medals at the end of the year, you're going to be first in line. What a beautiful place. You did a great job of showing it off in that video. You're a wonderful ambassador for the area.

Reactions: Torque
Humankind should ever so often cherish what incredible planet we have and do, what the name intends: be kind with it for the generations to come.
Thank you for showing this beautiful site of nature.

Last edited:

Breathtaking indeed. Beautiful landscape. Well done and thanks for sharing. 👏👍

Spectacular 🥇

That's breathtaking footage. Beautiful job!

Your footage and the camera movements (drone operation) is stunning. But the length is only 1:25. If you add more scenes there the video will updated to a small piece of art. When were these videos taken?

Your footage and the camera movements (drone operation) is stunning. But the length is only 1:25. If you add more scenes there the video will updated to a small piece of art. When were these videos taken?
Thanks!
This was shot on June 9th. I agree it is a bit short, and I do have some more raw material, but it would for the most part reveal the same scene, if you know what I mean. I felt that two "reveals" of the same scene was enough, and that more could be seen as slightly boring. However, I might be wrong, and I am still very much an amateur at editing. And inevitably, when I get home to look at my footage, I always see stuff I really wish I had done differently (or more of, for that matter).

Reactions: EmsAir and phos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147