DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Breathtaking view in Lofoten, Norway

Thanks!
This was shot on June 9th. I agree it is a bit short, and I do have some more raw material, but it would for the most part reveal the same scene, if you know what I mean. I felt that two "reveals" of the same scene was enough, and that more could be seen as slightly boring. However, I might be wrong, and I am still very much an amateur at editing. And inevitably, when I get home to look at my footage, I always see stuff I really wish I had done differently (or more of, for that matter).

Better to leave an audience yearning for more than to bore them with more than they want.

You covered that scene pretty thoroughly, but I'd say your audience is definitely eager to see more of Norway.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I just came home from a holiday trip to Lofoten, and I had my new toy (the Mini 3 Pro) with me. I did get some nice footage, and this is probably my favourite:

The reward for doing all those steps is a stunning view, as shown in the video. I guess maybe I should have posted this in the Photo and Video Showcase subforum, but there isn't (yet) a prefix for the Mini 3 Pro (mods/admins, maybe add that prefix?), so I posted it here instead.

Any feedback/critique is welcome, BTW. I'm far from a professional, so I'm eager to learn. I'm editing in Davinci Resolve Studio.
Well done! The colors look unreal. what were your settings? Thank you.

Reactions: mroek
I just came home from a holiday trip to Lofoten, and I had my new toy (the Mini 3 Pro) with me. I did get some nice footage, and this is probably my favourite:

The reward for doing all those steps is a stunning view, as shown in the video. I guess maybe I should have posted this in the Photo and Video Showcase subforum, but there isn't (yet) a prefix for the Mini 3 Pro (mods/admins, maybe add that prefix?), so I posted it here instead.

Any feedback/critique is welcome, BTW. I'm far from a professional, so I'm eager to learn. I'm editing in Davinci Resolve Studio.
That brought back many pleasant memories for me. I was there for a week about 20 years ago to stay with relatives who live there. I was there in July, so no snow, but it was midnight sun time. If only I had a drone back then!

F'ing stunning dude! Always wanted to visit Reine too by the way. Is it much of a hike up to where you were?

F'ing stunning dude! Always wanted to visit Reine too by the way. Is it much of a hike up to where you were?
There are stone steps (work done by Sherpas from Tibet) almost all the way up to where I was, and most people will spend something like 45-60 minutes on the stairs alone. Getting to the foot of the stairs is also a walk, and if you start from the center of Reine, I'd guess that's another 20 minutes or so. There's also a parking close to the main road (you can see it at 0:30 in the video, at the road junction), but it is typically very busy if the weather is nice, and it doesn't really have space for a lot of cars.

excellent!!
i'm headed to tromso this weekend and can only hope to get some scenes faintly similar!
would you suggest nice spots for flying in the senja area??

excellent!!
i'm headed to tromso this weekend and can only hope to get some scenes faintly similar!
would you suggest nice spots for flying in the senja area??
I haven't been to the Senja area, so I don't really have much advice. There are some areas where drones are not allowed, so beware. The web page UAS Norway | Safetofly | Asplan Viak is a good resource, but it isn't completely translated to English, so you need to know the relevant layer names in Norwegian.

I haven't been to the Senja area, so I don't really have much advice. There are some areas where drones are not allowed, so beware. The web page UAS Norway | Safetofly | Asplan Viak is a good resource, but it isn't completely translated to English, so you need to know the relevant layer names in Norwegian.
thanks for the link! i looked at several layers, no red areas in senja, but i'll check when we're there!

thanks for the link! i looked at several layers, no red areas in senja, but i'll check when we're there!
If you enable these layers:
  • Forbudsområder for RPAS, droner og modellfly
  • Forbudsområder fra NSM
  • Verneområder
...you will get some red areas, so make sure to not fly in those.

Reactions: sarimento1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman