DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broke my Gimbal Cover (clear bubble), Again!!!

stratos

Reactions
So, this is the second time it happens to me. It just annoying. I just "pushed" the mavic into the patch and hear a click. Well, the click was the Gimbal tab cover getting broken. So annoying.

Another 30 bucs down the drain. No local suppliers have it available and its ridiculous the price for delivery from DJI. This is the second time. ****, I think I get a bigger bag.

IMG_6375.PNG IMG_0729.JPG
I went through two. Second one $16 from DJI with shipping. Then ordered this sun shade/protective dome from Alonea on Amazon for $4.99 free shipping. Arrived from China 4 days later. Problem solved. High quality and small tab locks are super strong. Original silicone dome cover fits on perfect for storage. And you get a sun shade if you like using these while filming.

Reactions: dewster
Have the same thing from Hook. I prefer it because it can be left on for some sort of protection,....yet allows air into the vents for the cooling effect.

Correction of grammar,....I have the same thing Hook posted,...purchased from Amazon.

I stepped on mine first week and repaired the cracks with duct tape, pretty ugly but does the job for now. Think they could and would have built a sturdier cover but maybe saw it as another way to profit from replacements.

Still on my original.... Had my mavic for a month or two. I shoot MTB events for TV. I use the shoulder bag all the time. And the use includes falling twice with a motorbike in single track with the mavic and a tv camera over my shoulder... ?!? Not quite sure what u doing wrong there

I stepped on mine first week and repaired the cracks with duct tape, pretty ugly but does the job for now. Think they could and would have built a sturdier cover but maybe saw it as another way to profit from replacements.
I don't think it was designed to withstand being stepped on. Just protection from light impacts and abrasion during transporting.

Make sure to use the rubber cover. I have fine abrasions on my gimbal cover from placing it in the bag without protection.

Reactions: Drone Police

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima