DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broke my mavic pro. Need help

givemetatula

Reactions
Hit the wall with mavic pro and broke it to pieces. The thing is I borrowed it from a friend and dont really know much about how it works or its design.

Here's a video of it, please tell me whats broken and if it's easy to fix or I did I screw up real good. Thank you in advance for helping me

Also I dont really know if there are any other parts missing?

Welcome to the forum.
You must feel bad for the crash, hope you can resolve.

You can get the parts ok, looks like you are probably best to get the whole gimbal / camera assembly.

mavic pro m1p - camera and gimbal assembly, 4k video buy - Google Search

A bunch of videos on changing the various gimbal assembly parts.

I'm not 100% sure, but think you will need to do some fine soldering, if not able to do that, you might be best to seek some sort of local drone repair centre that can do the repair . . . not sure how common they are in your country.

Good luck, hopefully someone here that's had to change theirs can give you a few tips or advice.

Since Im low on budget, In best case scenario, is there a chance my camera and gimbal stayed ok and I would need only a bit of soldering? Is that more likely to happen or Im doomed to buy whole assembly?

Well, it happens! Sorry for that. You will need at least the following spares:
  • Gimbal ribbon cable
  • Camera signal cable
  • Gimbal anti vibration mount
These parts can be found at reasonable prices e.g. on aliexpress.

If the camera and / or gimbal is damaged, you probably will not find out before you have replaced the signal and ribbon cable. However, replacing the cables is a delicate task but soldering is not required. As a rough estimate, you are looking at costs between USD 50 and 250.

Last edited:
My approach to this would be to ask the friend you borrowed it from what he wants you to do. I appreciate that you want to fix it but the reality is that you may be in over your head on the repair. There is sometimes hidden damage and a used Mavic Pro can be had for $400 - $450 US nowadays.

I let people fly my drones all the time while I am supervising..... if someone crashed one I wouldn't be angry at all and wouldn't expect anything but an apology. Your friend may be of the same opinion or may want to go in a completely different direction.

Reactions: Nash2017
Ask your friend how they want to proceed, it's not your call. They may well have DJI Care and only want you to pay the excess, if they haven't got the Care package, they may still want it repaired at DJI at your cost.

Reactions: SpitFire
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Hope you resolve the whole situation, I am with Aoraki about
how your friend wants you proceed.

Whatever is broken it is fixable you just need the cash and the patients to wait for the parts to come in. I hit a wire and then smashed into a house going 40 mph $240 and 2 weeks total time waiting for each part seperatley shipped i had replaced both front motor arms.Only because the landing gear both broke off and you can't buy the little antenna inside separate anywhere. Had no power or video to the gimbal replaced both cables still nothing, had this problem on my first Mavic so I went with the cheaper choice and just bought a new gimbal. Hoping that the camera itself was still ok. Transferred over both new cables and back to perfect. Gimbal board was ok but video braid cable connector on pcb broke, luckily the piece was dangling there because that board is crazy expensive for what it is. My buddy does micro soldering at a tech repair shop fixed that for me for 10 bucks. Of course new propellers. And on the very last day when I was getting ready to test everything I noticed the fan didn't start up. So when I hit the house face first the camera smashed into the fan,then broke the fan... good thing I noticed or it probably would have exploded in the sky after over heating. New fan came in the mail today works like a charm back in the sky. Thanks to a local DJI parts store and Amazon this was all possible in under 2 weeks. I actually still need a top shell I don't know why I didn't order it I have a hole in the top of mine does anybody know if this is going to be an issue??? I might just epoxy it for now. Anyways So yeah anything is fixable, where are you located? I have tons of parts. But as others said maybe you should just see what your friend wants to do first if you don't know much about drones. I would rather you not attempt a repair on my drone just because of the sophistication and it's very easy to ruin something else in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_20220104_032209__01.jpg
    IMG_20220104_032209__01.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: MarkusAtHome
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member