Join Us Now

Broke the mavic pro's internal antenna. Where do I find a replacement antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I will get straight to the point because I really want to fix it as soon as possible because I will never give up on old bestie

It's not the remote antennas that's broken
It's this

20220603_202359_HDR.jpg
I've searched the web all over for a straight hour for these mavic pro antenna replacements but none
I don't wanna replace the entire arm
I don't know how to solder at all

I don't wanna end up like the ones where they fix thiers only for it to not work because something with how long they had some iron on something

Is there any replacements of these you guys might know of?

Buy a scrapped drone sold for parts and hope you can salvage the antennae? Or a front leg and motor complete.

Reactions: James G.
I will get straight to the point because I really want to fix it as soon as possible because I will never give up on old bestie

It's not the remote antennas that's broken
It's this

View attachment 149314
I've searched the web all over for a straight hour for these mavic pro antenna replacements but none
I don't wanna replace the entire arm
I don't know how to solder at all

I don't wanna end up like the ones where they fix thiers only for it to not work because something with how long they had some iron on something

Is there any replacements of these you guys might know of?
Maybe you might have a neighbor that knows how to solder? Very simple and reliable fix. If not, I would suggest buy a used arm. Only problem with that is you have to remove upper body section to expose ESC board and also solder antenna lead so you are right back where you started. It would be much easier to just re-solder at antenna end.

I had a similar issue a while back (bumped a tree limb and cracked the front right leg), and I ended up just replacing the leg altogether. You can get the assembly for $40 on Amazon. It does require soldering though. I put together a guide on iFixit for it if you feel like giving it a try yourself!

Reactions: mereflyer
I had a similar issue a while back (bumped a tree limb and cracked the front right leg), and I ended up just replacing the leg altogether. You can get the assembly for $40 on Amazon. It does require soldering though. I put together a guide on iFixit for it if you feel like giving it a try yourself!
Got it and a soldering kit for 22 bucks from ebay 😈

Your guide gave me confidence I can do the soldering myself

So as a thank you
I keep you updated
Wanna be updated?

Reactions: mereflyer
With regards to soldering, whilst it would be what I would try, be wary.
The cable may actually be a co-axial cable with a conductive outer sheath and a conductive inner core. If so then you need to be sure to solder only the correct conductor, likely the inner one, I am not sure if any outer sheath (if it exists) is soldered to anything on the actual antenna.
Also sometimes the actual wire has a coating on the actual wire itself that may prevent solder adhering. If so you may have to scrape any such coating off before solder will 'take' to the conductor. I can't remember where I have encountered the latter but I have encountered it.

This video helped me replace a front arm on my M2P. It's not that hard, and it saved me $$-- Cost about $40.

Good luck

Reactions: JamieB
Hey! Totally missed your reply earlier... How did it go?
Did great but a few weeks later is suffered a prop fail and was totaled. Don't worry I was gifted a mini 2
I'm waiting for someone to close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78