DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken antenna

BC Pete

Reactions
New Christmas present, drone never flown, sat on the controller, one of the antennae has broken off. Very annoyed with myself to say the least. I live in Western Canada-Contacted two approved repairs places including Visionup in Richmond BC, the main DJI approved centre but neither had the replacement parts in yet as the Mavic 2 is too new-no idea when they would. Problem is heading off to Iceland in the last week of January and really wanted to take it with me. Their only suggestion was to send it into the U.S DJI repair centre which may well take ages. It might well be my only option but any helpful thoughts and suggestions would be really appreciated

New Christmas present, drone never flown, sat on the controller, one of the antennae has broken off. Very annoyed with myself to say the least. I live in Western Canada-Contacted two approved repairs places including Visionup in Richmond BC, the main DJI approved centre but neither had the replacement parts in yet as the Mavic 2 is too new-no idea when they would. Problem is heading off to Iceland in the last week of January and really wanted to take it with me. Their only suggestion was to send it into the U.S DJI repair centre which may well take ages. It might well be my only option but any helpful thoughts and suggestions would be really appreciated

Have you tried @Thunderdrones on this site?

I would imagine it's the same antenna as the Mavic 1 Pro, other than maybe not exactly the same color. @Thunderdrones or @msinger should be able to confirm that. Given your rush, I wouldn't think an exact color match would make a difference to you. Go back to the local repair place and ask them to put a Mavic 1 Pro antenna on it or get @Thunderdrones to mail you one if he doesn't have a Mavic 2 one.

I would imagine it's the same antenna as the Mavic 1 Pro, other than maybe not exactly the same color. @Thunderdrones or @msinger should be able to confirm that. Given your rush, I wouldn't think an exact color match would make a difference to you. Go back to the local repair place and ask them to put a Mavic 1 Pro antenna on it or get @Thunderdrones to mail you one if he doesn't have a Mavic 2 one.

Thanks- that’s a good thought and possible option- the actual inside plate within the antenna is the problem which has snapped off just above the soldered attachment but, the actual outer cosmetic casing is intact

It cost me $2 to have DJI replace mine, no labor. Actually they sent me a refurb.

Granted, I sent my M2Z to be repaired along with it after backing over it.

It cost me $2 to have DJI replace mine, no labor. Actually they sent me a refurb.

Holy cow... I thought I had been a bit careless!! Did you just slip it under the door of UPS before they opened given its new shape?

I was carrying a few things to my car, put my flymore case on the ground behind my car while packing the rest of the stuff in my hatch. Forgot about the small case containing the M2Z and remote.

Damage wasn't too bad considering. All structural, no electrical damage. I would have preferred paying for repairs rather than refresh and save the refresh for bigger damage but I misinterpreted their "quote".
Front left arm broken, front right leg bent, body a bit out of shape. Gimbal guard cracked in several places but gimbal/camera seemed OK.
They quoted the rear arms as well.

Reactions: BC Pete
UPS would never know as I had it boxed up when delivered to them.
Anyway, it could have easily been damage from a crash.
Which that happened too catching a power wire to the bathroom building in a park. Damage very minimal on that one, only broken props and scratches on the battery.

My controller is literally unused so I'm not keen on waiting ages and then getting a refurbed one - I think the $2 antenna was the sweetener, their real moneymaker was your mashed M2Z

UPS would never know as I had it boxed up when delivered to them.
Anyway, it could have easily been damage from a crash.
Which that happened too catching a power wire to the bathroom building in a park. Damage very minimal on that one, only broken props and scratches on the battery.

Ever thought of taking part in a demolition derby ?- you sound as if you might be quite good at it....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman