DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken gimbal retainer

DanDow

Reactions
Well I did it...manage to break a piece of the plastic that holds the gimbal in place. I hope you can tell from the pic what piece broke. The gimbal mount slides underneath this piece that broke off so as to keep the gimbal itself from "floating or hanging down" too much. Looking for suggestions on how to fix this please and thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    797.5 KB · Views: 71
I just noticed that someone else had the same exact problem in another post. I'm not looking to send it anywhere to be fixed. I'm very technically apt and have no issues taking the top off to get to the gimbal mount plate etc. Just looking for tips and ideas for a DYI fix. Sure I could just get a small piece of metal and epoxy or glue it on. Again, looking for suggestions.

Reactions: SteveM
Take the top off, unscrew the gimbal control board, unscrew the 2 screws holding in that piece, Install the new piece, And reverse the process.
Thunderdrones, hi, my drone had rough landing and broken the plastic piece that holds the gimball plate (same problem that DanDaw had). Where can I get the spare parts from? I took Magic on my travel, so I am really looking for quick fix, if parts is not found @ my destination?
Thanks.

Thunderdrones, hi, my drone had rough landing and broken the plastic piece that holds the gimball plate (same problem that DanDaw had). Where can I get the spare parts from? I took Magic on my travel, so I am really looking for quick fix, if parts is not found @ my destination?
Thanks.

I have the part, where are you located?

Amazon has them....i just did the same thing...i have ordered the parts and a tool kit...waiting on them to arrive i dont want to send it off for several weeks to be repaired so i am attempting to repair my self

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr