DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broke the retaining tabs on the lens of my Mini 3 Pro (the ones that hold filters on)

wrybread

Reactions
I dropped my Mini 3 Pro and managed to break all the tabs on the lens that hold filters on. No damage to the lens itself or gimball amazingly enough.

Is there a fix to that by chance, or am I doomed to using tape to hold filters on? And if so, any tape recommendations? Gorilla Tape is the most re-usable tape I know but maybe there's a better option?

Send it to DJI for repair. The easiest and best solution. You will probably get a new one back.

Send it to DJI for repair. The easiest and best solution. You will probably get a new one back.

Don't we have a limited number of "refreshes" (two the first year and one the second) and it costs $60? I've already used one of my first year refreshes, don't think it's worth using the other and/or paying $60 when a little tape works well. But maybe I'm misunderstanding how the process works.

I dropped my Mini 3 Pro and managed to break all the tabs on the lens that hold filters on. No damage to the lens itself or gimball amazingly enough.

Is there a fix to that by chance, or am I doomed to using tape to hold filters on? And if so, any tape recommendations? Gorilla Tape is the most re-usable tape I know but maybe there's a better option?
To have the tabs of the camera body seems an odd design to me.
I'd have thought it better and more durable, to have the 'sockets' in the camera body and the tabs on the filter, as is done with the M2P.
That way the user can break tabs without messing everything up all they have to do is get a new the filter.

You can send it to DJI for a repair estimate without using Care refresh. Also Gaffer Tape is in my opinion, the best for holding power, removability and no residue.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Don't we have a limited number of "refreshes" (two the first year and one the second) and it costs $60? I've already used one of my first year refreshes, don't think it's worth using the other and/or paying $60 when a little tape works well. But maybe I'm misunderstanding how the process works.
I didn't say to use Care Refresh. My recommendation is to pay for the repair. If you send it to DJI, they will probably replace it for the repair price. Although, they may repair it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR