DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken landing gear - glue or replace?

It'a tough call. If you can repair it you might try that first, but at some point, were it me, I'd send it in before the DJI program expires. You've already partially paid for just this type of thing with the premium. So you throw in the deductible and get it fixed right and use the money you've aleady paid up front.

Going forward you may want to look into State Farm drone coverage. It's hard to believe how cheap it is and even covers fly-aways!

you could replace it ,for now i would carefully remove the antenna from inside of the arm then undo the three screws that hold it on and glue it back together make sure that you mark the antenna so it goes back in the correct way then you can refit it till the new one arrives ,or you could as you say use a refresh life

Reactions: hiflyer201
What is 'damaged' within the red ring? That rough edge does not look like a surface left by manufacture.

Attachments

• Air 2 landing.jpg
    Air 2 landing.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 25
What is 'damaged' within the red ring? That rough edge does not look like a surface left by manufacture.
under the light lens is a screw that goes into that hole or a lug that holds the led in place i believe

Ok. Taking that to be correct then the hole's wall needs to be either fixed (if the missing bit is still attached to the screw etc.) or rebuilt?

Reactions: old man mavic
this type of damage ,is normally caused ,either by a heavy landing after a fall from say a tree ,because the motors have stopped or because the antenna has hit a solid object like a wall or tree trunk, the main problem afterwards ,is the unseen damage that may have happened to the end of the arm where it swivels or to the wiring to the antenna or light if all that is ok then fitting a new landing leg /antenna housing would be restoring the drone to full health ,just gluing it back would only be a temporary fix till a new part could be obtained ,the other way to do the repair would be to change the whole arm complete with motor antenna and light , this would require some soldering skills and the drone would need to be opened up to achieve this, this of course would invalidate the care refresh, so in this case it would probably be best to send it in for a refresh claim

Reactions: hiflyer201
Mine broke too (mavic 2 zoom), sent it for repair (dji care&refresh). I got two options, pay 89€ for just the check and have it send back or pay 129€ and got a new drone. Not a difficult decision

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998