DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken landing gear

Traindriver

Reactions
I have a broken landing gear. Just a good sized crack really. Everything still works - the motor works, the led still lights up, and range and video reception have not been affected.

Does anyone see any issue with storing the mavic upside down in order to lessen stress on the crack? It isn’t lose, but I would imagine that over time, landings and being jostled in its case that it will likely worsen. I’d like to delay that as long as possible.

Attachments

• 50358D54-5DE6-4F85-A412-DAB4D3841985.jpeg
    50358D54-5DE6-4F85-A412-DAB4D3841985.jpeg
    923 KB · Views: 56
Superglue to the rescue!?
I don’t think so. It is such rigid plastic that I’m afraid it’ll break if I try to move it back into place to glue it.

I would like to know a way to shore it up and strengthen it so it won’t get worse. I keep thinking about some spray foam or flex seal or something, but that would get all inside and would likely make any future professional repair more difficult, expensive, or impossible.

Does anyone see any issue with storing the mavic upside down in order to lessen stress on the crack?
That would be fine. Take the props off first.

Could probably plastic weld it, and be good. Just get a kit and fill the area in, just be careful not to overheat any wires

Maybe think about removing the small leverage action device at the bottom.

Please consider sending it in for repair. It’s free to take a look at it for diagnosis and having it repaired back to factory standard may give you the peace of mind when flying it again. Mavic last are built to fly aggressively and can exert a lot of pressure on parts while in the air.

Reactions: Lbesing
Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.