DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken tab?

JMK420

Reactions
One of the Dji employees at the Hong Kong store noticed that a tab on my drone was broken, I have less than 30 mins of flight time and they noticed that this tab was broken.

I'm not sure if this will impact the footage that my mavic captures.

Anyone know if this can be fixed as well?

Thanks

NFA3RP2.jpg

sp9t70v.jpg

You'll need to replace the gimbal vibration absorption board. If you'd like to fix it yourself, you can buy an OEM replacement board here on Amazon or here on eBay.

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick reply!

Is it hard to replace? I am not the very handy with this type of stuff but I really appreciate the help :)

Thanks @Cyberpower678

OP if youre not handy, I wouldnt try it. You will need to take off the top cover, and unscrew the gimbal control board to get to the 2 screws holding the tab in place. If you dont replace this part, you could get jello effect in your video.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
You'll need to replace the gimbal vibration absorption board. If you'd like to fix it yourself, you can buy an OEM replacement board here on Amazon or here on eBay.

Sorry but neither of the ones mentioned on Amazon or eBay are OEM DJI, they are copies. The OEM DJI parts have a white sticker on them. $39 these days is a very steep price for that part. I sell them for $19.99 for an OEM part taken from a Mavic.

Gimbal top plate 2.jpg

I Guess im lucky coz i did find the chipped part of it and then i just glued it
aff12dc0b4e266e46f05f97ee7568370.jpg

Sorry but neither of the ones mentioned on Amazon or eBay are OEM DJI, they are copies.
They are indeed OEM DJI parts and not manually stripped from Mavics. Both are being sold by authorized DJI dealers.

They are indeed OEM DJI parts and not manually stripped from Mavics. Both are being sold by authorized DJI dealers.

Some of the eBay sellers parts that you mention might be OEM DJI parts but the prices are outrageously high. Of the questionable OEM parts he is selling, he must be stripping them from Mavics. OEM parts are OEM parts if they come from an OEM product. All of mine are OEM DJI parts, new or used.

Looks like he also sells OEM Walmart cashew nuts and OEM Walmart grapeseed oil.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Thanks @Cyberpower678

OP if youre not handy, I wouldnt try it. You will need to take off the top cover, and unscrew the gimbal control board to get to the 2 screws holding the tab in place. If you dont replace this part, you could get jello effect in your video.

When you say jello effect what is meant by that?

Some of the eBay sellers parts that you mention might be OEM DJI parts but the prices are outrageously high. Of the questionable OEM parts he is selling, he must be stripping them from Mavics. OEM parts are OEM parts if they come from an OEM product. All of mine are OEM DJI parts, new or used.
I agree. However, the seller I linked to is an authorized DJI dealer and you can clearly see the parts are sealed in OEM DJI packaging.

FYI, I personally contacted that eBay seller to confirm this information since you jumped on me the last time I recommended that seller for replacement parts. If you know something we don't though, then please do share that information. Otherwise, I see no reason why people should not buy there if it's most convenient for them and the price is right.

FWIW, it would be helpful if you had a website that showed the parts you have in stock, whether they are new/used, and the price. Without that information, it's hard to recommend people buy from you since there's no guarantee you have what they want.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127