DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-300/350/40 vs DJI HD Goggles

Sayenah

Reactions
Hello there,

I have been using the DJI HD Goggles (Racing Edition) with an HDMI out from my smart controller with my Mavic Air 2.

I hate the Android UX, it is clunky, but moreover now with OcuSync 3.0 on the horizon and Smart Controller being 4 years old, I see the SC becoming redundant very soon.

I have started looking into the Moverio line since I enjoy FPV and consider the DJI HD Goggles to be awkward, clunky, and heavy. Just ugly. But I value image quality and experience above everything else.

So now, I am looking for an HDMI-less solution (so that I can get rid of the Android based Smart Controller) where Wi-Fi-casting is key and Moverio seems to be the right choice.

my question is for those who have both tried the DJI HD Goggles and the Moverio glasses, when it comes to FPV experience, what do you prefer the most? Which is a better FPV experience in your opinion?

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
DJI HD Goggles give you a much stronger feeling of immersion, but the Moverio Epson 350 is much more comfortable and easy to wear. As a DJI Goggles FPV experience, they are much better, the image seen being very large, almost as big as the visual field of the eyes. At Moverio the image appears as if you were watching a TV from a distance of 3 m. The problem with Moverio is that sometimes the control unit was heated and then the image was interrupted. It looks like the processor is working hard.

DJI HD Goggles give you a much stronger feeling of immersion, but the Moverio Epson 350 is much more comfortable and easy to wear. As a DJI Goggles FPV experience, they are much better, the image seen being very large, almost as big as the visual field of the eyes. At Moverio the image appears as if you were watching a TV from a distance of 3 m. The problem with Moverio is that sometimes the control unit was heated and then the image was interrupted. It looks like the processor is working hard.
Hey thank you for the response. Have you had. A chance to try out the BT-40/40S Moverios which just launched?

Also, can you describe your setup a little bit? Like which drone and how were you streaming? And was there any lag?

Hey thank you for the response. Have you had. A chance to try out the BT-40/40S Moverios which just launched?

Also, can you describe your setup a little bit? Like which drone and how were you streaming? And was there any lag?
I did not have the chance to use Moverio BT 40-40S. I only used the Moverio BT-350 for the Mavic Air 1 drone. From experience I can say that if the sun is very strong the light penetrates inside the glasses through the back and is quite uncomfortable. Likewise, if the sun is strong in front, the image is no longer very contrasting. On a cloudy day the picture is perfect. The image lag is very small and ensures good steering. I repeat that these opinions are about the BT-350 maybe the new models have improvements.
Also pay attention to the version of Android that the glasses have to be compatible with the version required by the application. BT-350 has a lower android version than required by Mavic Air 2!

I have no experience of the totally enclosed DJI HD Goggles since I don't have anyone to act as a spotter when I fly my Mavic Pro solely on trips abroad for aerial views of the destinations I visit mainly for scuba diving. The Moverio glasses give me a pilot's eye view and at the same time ability to see my immediate environment around the glasses frame, while maintaining VLOS. As I often fly from wooden jetties above waters which occasionally have corals just below the surface, not to mention the odd shark or two, it would be potentially dangerous for me to utilise a totally enclosed, albeit immersive, system. Therefore the Moverio system fits the bill and I would never revert to using a cell phone or small tablet and despite no doubt the attractive experience of goggles, they hold no appeal for me given the circumstances in which I do most of my flights.
Hello there,

I have been using the DJI HD Goggles (Racing Edition) with an HDMI out from my smart controller with my Mavic Air 2.

I hate the Android UX, it is clunky, but moreover now with OcuSync 3.0 on the horizon and Smart Controller being 4 years old, I see the SC becoming redundant very soon.

I have started looking into the Moverio line since I enjoy FPV and consider the DJI HD Goggles to be awkward, clunky, and heavy. Just ugly. But I value image quality and experience above everything else.

So now, I am looking for an HDMI-less solution (so that I can get rid of the Android based Smart Controller) where Wi-Fi-casting is key and Moverio seems to be the right choice.

my question is for those who have both tried the DJI HD Goggles and the Moverio glasses, when it comes to FPV experience, what do you prefer the most? Which is a better FPV experience in your opinion?

Reactions: gamayun
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom