DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New life for Moverio BT-300's ?

stuuk

Reactions
Hi all
My Epson Moverio BT300's were the bees knees for my M2P and DJI Go 4.
Go 4 ran natively on the BT300 and the glasses were by far the best flying experience I have ever had flying drones.

I was terribly disappointed when i eventually bought the Air 2S and discovered DJI Fly will not run on the BT300 controller.

However there are a few ways to get the BT300's working with DJI Fly. The simplest and cheapest is to simply cast the android or ios screen that is running DJI Fly to the BT300's. This works quite well in general but the lag will vary with your setup.

If your android device has HDMI out you can also use the BT35E box from Epson to give a direct virtually lag free video feed to the glasses but the BT35E box is not a cheap option.

The next best option is to use HDMI out and a video capture dongle connected to the BT300's as described here by Iannes.

This works extremely well for me using my DJI Smart Controller for the HDMI output. The latency or lag is minimal maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a second and overall it is a very viable solution but you will have extra hardware to carry and the capture dongle will drain the BT300 battery in under an hour unless you power the dongle from an alternative source.

If you do have a smart controller you can also cast its screen directly to the BT300's using the inbuilt cast/receive utilities of the Smart Controller and BT300's. This is the fastest "Cast" solution I have yet seen. Latency or lag is not quite as good as the capture dongle solution but it is very close and well under 1 second. The other obvious advantage is fewer cables and hardware and no extra battery drain on the BT300.

Happy flying
Stu UK

Reactions: dmiles119
Hi all
My Epson Moverio BT300's were the bees knees for my M2P and DJI Go 4.
Go 4 ran natively on the BT300 and the glasses were by far the best flying experience I have ever had flying drones.

I was terribly disappointed when i eventually bought the Air 2S and discovered DJI Fly will not run on the BT300 controller.

However there are a few ways to get the BT300's working with DJI Fly. The simplest and cheapest is to simply cast the android or ios screen that is running DJI Fly to the BT300's. This works quite well in general but the lag will vary with your setup.

If your android device has HDMI out you can also use the BT35E box from Epson to give a direct virtually lag free video feed to the glasses but the BT35E box is not a cheap option.

The next best option is to use HDMI out and a video capture dongle connected to the BT300's as described here by Iannes.

This works extremely well for me using my DJI Smart Controller for the HDMI output. The latency or lag is minimal maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a second and overall it is a very viable solution but you will have extra hardware to carry and the capture dongle will drain the BT300 battery in under an hour unless you power the dongle from an alternative source.

If you do have a smart controller you can also cast its screen directly to the BT300's using the inbuilt cast/receive utilities of the Smart Controller and BT300's. This is the fastest "Cast" solution I have yet seen. Latency or lag is not quite as good as the capture dongle solution but it is very close and well under 1 second. The other obvious advantage is fewer cables and hardware and no extra battery drain on the BT300.

Happy flying
Stu UK
Hi Stu,

Useful posts.

Just trying to get my head around this.

I have aquired some Moverio BT-300s.

I have a Smart controller.

A Mini 2

and an Air 2.

What do I need to install on my SMart controller to do the Casting?

WHat do I need to install on the BT-300 unit ?

The solution will work with any Drone that the COntroller is compatible with?

Cheers

Bob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54