DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT GPS for IPad or Upgrade to Cellular IPad?

saboken

Reactions
While I still have time to exchange my new iPad I want to get your thoughts on whether to Purchase a Bluetooth GPS or Exchange my current iPad for a unlocked Cellular iPad? I don’t ever plane on using Cellular data in a IPad and the cost of a Bluetooth gps is less than the price difference of upgrading my current iPad! I use a hotspot for my data! Come to think of it the hotspot has gps in it I’m wondering if the iPad can get access to its gps? With a app?

Come to think of it the hotspot has gps in it I’m wondering if the iPad can get access to its gps?
No, you cannot use a hotspot to share GPS data. You'll either need a cellular iPad model (no need to activate the cellular service) or connect a Bluetooth GPS receiver to your iPad (like one of these).

FYI, if you don't need to use the Follow Me flight mode or reset the home point to your current location after taking off, then a Wi-Fi only iPad is all you'll need.

No, you cannot use a hotspot to share GPS data. You'll either need a cellular iPad model (no need to activate the cellular service) or connect a Bluetooth GPS receiver to your iPad (like one of these).

FYI, if you don't need to use the Follow Me flight mode or reset the home point to your current location after taking off, then a Wi-Fi only iPad is all you'll need.

Ok I know the hotspot will share data with a android device I have done it! But the follow me I don’t know if I will need it yet? My plans for the drone are still up in the air? I don’t know when I may want to use a feature like that? I’m just getting used to for
Flying it I am not one to push something so expensive to the extremes right out of the box with no experience like so many have done in there videos!

I know the hotspot will share data with a android device I have done it!
True. However, you will not be able to share GPS data in order to use the above features in DJI GO.

True. However, you will not be able to share GPS data in order to use the above features in DJI GO.

I know the iOS infrastructure has a lot of limitations Apple has been notorious for blocking non Apple hardware! I tried not to buy from Apple because of this but the iPad definitely is more stable than android and my iPad works much better than my nexus to fly! I purchased the iPad just for the mavic because of this!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee