DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bttery temp

Probably about 30c more than ambient, but I suspect you'll get a battery temp warning when you reach the maximum.

Checked out 2 separate mobile device DAT logs from my own MA1 (as I have an Android device from which GO4 doesn't report temp in the TXT log ... so no figures in Airdata for instance).

The first here below from a flight in in 15C degree ambient temp. It shows the 2 IMU temperatures, the 4 ESC & the battery temp ... but it seems that the shown value for the battery needs to be divided with 10 to match realistic values ... don't know if they are correct but in the 2 flights below they start up with pretty much a realistic room temp from where I took them & packed them in a bag & headed out.

I have placed the marker at 10 minutes to compare, the type of flights is some what similar, the first starts with P-mode full speed & ends with RTH but with full elevator stick which corresponds to Sport as used in the second flight.

15C degrees ambient:

1597403250251.png

This second flight below was in ambient 1C degree ...

The conclusion here is that the IMU's go for 65C degrees & it take a bit longer to reach that in the second flight & that the rest of the temperatures deviate between these 2 flights mainly with the diff in ambient temperature ... but nothing can be said about any max temperature, think that is a matter of the efficiency of the fan, when can't it keep down the temp anymore & if alot of hovering is included in the flight. The manual states that the operating temps are 0C - 40C degrees & they should be respected if you don't want any surprises.

1C degree ambient:

1597403986838.png

Reactions: old man mavic
I had the exact same question, so I created 2 videos
Only issue is that I removed the cover of mavic to keep the bird cool, I have some cooling fan issues,

But I really like the information of imu since my barometer is becoming overheated if bird is on ground. Not to hack your post

Checked out 2 separate mobile device DAT logs from my own MA1 (as I have an Android device from which GO4 doesn't report temp in the TXT log ... so no figures in Airdata for instance).

The first here below from a flight in in 15C degree ambient temp. It shows the 2 IMU temperatures, the 4 ESC & the battery temp ... but it seems that the shown value for the battery needs to be divided with 10 to match realistic values ... don't know if they are correct but in the 2 flights below they start up with pretty much a realistic room temp from where I took them & packed them in a bag & headed out.

I have placed the marker at 10 minutes to compare, the type of flights is some what similar, the first starts with P-mode full speed & ends with RTH but with full elevator stick which corresponds to Sport as used in the second flight.

15C degrees ambient:

View attachment 110584

This second flight below was in ambient 1C degree ...

The conclusion here is that the IMU's go for 65C degrees & it take a bit longer to reach that in the second flight & that the rest of the temperatures deviate between these 2 flights mainly with the diff in ambient temperature ... but nothing can be said about any max temperature, think that is a matter of the efficiency of the fan, when can't it keep down the temp anymore & if alot of hovering is included in the flight. The manual states that the operating temps are 0C - 40C degrees & they should be respected if you don't want any surprises.

1C degree ambient:

View attachment 110587
How do you see these graphs info of imu and battery. I am on Android and it does not show battery temperature in airdata

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98