DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Bull River Falls - The Reckoning

That was pretty awesome. Did you have to do any video stabilization? The shot at 0:40 was unexpected and really cool, it set a nice tone for the rest of the video. Great top down shots, too, especially at 1:45. My only critique is that maybe make some of your shots a little longer. I know that's not always possible with the footage you get, especially in a narrow canyon with water below and rock to each side, where I'm sure quick corrections were aplenty, but many of your shots left me wanting just another second or two to take in the whole scene, you know?

Anyway. Very nice job. Certainly a huge improvement over your previous attempt, which I just found. I've subscribed to your channel, too. Looking forward to more British Columbia scenery!

Reactions: Crash Pro
That was pretty awesome. Did you have to do any video stabilization? The shot at 0:40 was unexpected and really cool, it set a nice tone for the rest of the video. Great top down shots, too, especially at 1:45. My only critique is that maybe make some of your shots a little longer. I know that's not always possible with the footage you get, especially in a narrow canyon with water below and rock to each side, where I'm sure quick corrections were aplenty, but many of your shots left me wanting just another second or two to take in the whole scene, you know?

Anyway. Very nice job. Certainly a huge improvement over your previous attempt, which I just found. I've subscribed to your channel, too. Looking forward to more British Columbia scenery!
Thank you for your comments! I appreciate you taking the time to offer suggestions. I’ll definitely keep them in mind for the next project.

And yes, I used stabilization for a few clips. Had to be careful though because it can make footage look really weird. The vast majority of the clips are straight from the camera with only slight colour adjustments.

Thanks for subscribing!

Very well done!

This is my second attempt at shooting the infamous Bull River Falls located near Cranbrook, B.C. Although not perfect, my somewhat improved flying skills, better equipment and greater understanding of the editing software has produced a pretty spectacular view of the falls and surrounding landscape. I will have to admit that I was shaking badly while filming the river scenes. There is NO room for error and just one small mistake will result in a lost drone.

To obtain the footage, I used a Mini 2, FPV drone and my new Mavic 3. I'll have to say that I'm really impressed with the Mavic 3. It offers jaw dropping footage with incredible clarity and vibrance. It's also phenomenally smooth both in terms of flying and in filming, even on windy days.
That was a Beautiful and exciting video to watch. Thank you for sharing.

This is my second attempt at shooting the infamous Bull River Falls located near Cranbrook, B.C. Although not perfect, my somewhat improved flying skills, better equipment and greater understanding of the editing software has produced a pretty spectacular view of the falls and surrounding landscape. I will have to admit that I was shaking badly while filming the river scenes. There is NO room for error and just one small mistake will result in a lost drone.

To obtain the footage, I used a Mini 2, FPV drone and my new Mavic 3. I'll have to say that I'm really impressed with the Mavic 3. It offers jaw dropping footage with incredible clarity and vibrance. It's also phenomenally smooth both in terms of flying and in filming, even on windy days.
Very imipressive, great work! Thank you for sharing! Excellent music too!

Reactions: Crash Pro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato