DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bundle

Trini_MP

Reactions
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and this is actually my first post.

I have been reviewing the MP for the last 2 months and was about to purchase from Doneworld their bundle. However after a last review; it came up that they have issues as it relates to Shipping; in that it never arrives on time. The issues with this for me, is that the TAXES/DUTIES that i am charged in my country is extensive and it would actually be cheaper to purchase online; have it shipped and I travel to the US and collect (yes taxes are that high in my country).

I have seen these bundles and i would like to get some feedback as to where can i get the best bundle from the most reliable source. After the order has been placed; i would be travelling 2 weeks after.

Please assist.

Thing that matter to me in a bundle purchase

1. Lens filters (if bundle does not have; what is the best deal)
2. Backupback carrying bag
3. Additional Batteries (OEM)
4. Car charger
5. ability to charge multiple batteries at once

these are what i ahve come accross so far; would appreciate any feed back or other suggestions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719GMH5S

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JDYFK...EH5B7NJ32Q5CRHW11&ie=UTF8&qid=1506005835&sr=1

Bundles can be a good value if you're going to use everything in the bundle. Otherwise, you can sometimes save money by buying everything separately. The bundles you listed above are both being sold by authorized DJI dealers, so you can be sure the extras you're getting (batteries/chargers/props) are OEM parts.

Reactions: Flycaster
The only issue that I can "see", is of the warranty. The warranty is based on "country purchased", as in what country purchased from. If you buy in that country, you will have to go thru the process of registering in the country of purchase, and have to send it to DJI thru the country purchased. Pain isn't it?

You might save a few dollars/pounds/rupies/pesos on the purchase, but the warranty process is "dismall" at best. Do a search for warranty and the DJI care/refresh claims and look at the wait times, disputes etc.

I would just buy from home country and keep in mind, you may have "gone down the easier path"

Warranty is not an issue; as the address being used a family relative. Purchasing is my county can cost me an additional $800USD in taxes and duties....as i said..EXTENSIVE

Can you point me to other bundles that may exist?

Nick

Last edited:
Just watch out for the Amazon bundles, sometimes they throw in a bunch of cheap a** c*** to make it look like your getting a bunch of stuff.

Make sure you cross reference everything in the std. fly more bundle, then you can filter out the "extra stuff".

The first 3 or 4 listings are not that bad, you actually get the extended landing gear, RC stick protector, Gimbal protector, for the "original" base price of 1,299.00 for the fly more combo. Heck, one of them even throws in a landing pad.

Looks like the pricing is starting to "relax" a weee bit.

Last edited:
Are you still paying import tax once you got back to your country? Is it cheaper that way rather than actually importing it?

Lenses? Do you mean ND filters? There are "filters" in the kit you are leaning towards, but I am not sure what type of filters these are.

You may want to look into a set of ND filters for the video shots. I use the Taco set:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRT7OJ9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These mount firmly, and do not upset the gimbal calibration upon startup/initialization.
From what I have read, some are a weee bit heavier, and it messed up the gimbal calibration.

Look at some youtube vids concerning getting the best shots from a Mavic, and you will find alot about the ND filters, how to use them, and how to adjust your Mavics camera settings for the best results.

Reactions: Trini_MP
Are you still paying import tax once you got back to your country? Is it cheaper that way rather than actually importing it?
Ye it is alot cheaper.

the taxes are structured in my country are structured as such

because it contains a camera over 1080P; its classed as professional photography equipment which entitles me to an additional 40% duty; VAT 12.5%; Shipping $200USD and Government 7% online tax.

Break down

Cost - 1000
Duty (400) - 1400
VAT (175) - 1575
Gov 7% (110.25) - 1685.25
Shipping (200) - 1885.25

TOTAL : USD1885.25

Cost of flight to NY USD425.45

Once the device enters the country already opened and considered personal effects; nothing will be charged.

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and this is actually my first post.

I have been reviewing the MP for the last 2 months and was about to purchase from Doneworld their bundle. However after a last review; it came up that they have issues as it relates to Shipping; in that it never arrives on time. The issues with this for me, is that the TAXES/DUTIES that i am charged in my country is extensive and it would actually be cheaper to purchase online; have it shipped and I travel to the US and collect (yes taxes are that high in my country).

I have seen these bundles and i would like to get some feedback as to where can i get the best bundle from the most reliable source. After the order has been placed; i would be travelling 2 weeks after.

Please assist.

Thing that matter to me in a bundle purchase

1. Lens filters (if bundle does not have; what is the best deal)
2. Backupback carrying bag
3. Additional Batteries (OEM)
4. Car charger
5. ability to charge multiple batteries at once

these are what i ahve come accross so far; would appreciate any feed back or other suggestions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719GMH5S

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JDYFK...EH5B7NJ32Q5CRHW11&ie=UTF8&qid=1506005835&sr=1

I actually have a DJI educational / developer account with discount codes on the account that I don't use if you have any interest. The educational discount gives 10% off entire purchase on any DJI product. The Developer discount codes (3) give 40% off of the DJI Matrice 100 and its accessories + a couple other things. It can save you some big bucks if you're looking to buy a few things.

so leads to ask another questions....can i travel with a MP in my carry on luggage from JFK?

so leads to ask another questions....can i travel with a MP in my carry on luggage from JFK?

You should be able to, you cannot check your batteries, you have to carry them on. They are below the capacity threshold, just make sure you cap the battery contacts to prevent shorting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk