DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Business startup advice

LasVegasPilot

Reactions
600843a6232c00f88223f016cadcd22d.jpg

I'm in the process of starting a photography/mapping business and am looking for advice from those who have done it. I've scheduled my 107 exam and am in the process of getting the LLC thru TX. I expect to specialize in event photography and maybe some real estate given the part of TX I live.

I've got one MP, couple spare batteries, hard case, and spare props. I'll need a computer with software so if you have any suggestions. I'd prefer a simpler phot editing program and a computer between 1500-2g.

Any advice would be more than appreciated.

...I've got one MP, couple spare batteries, hard case, and spare props. I'll need a computer with software so if you have any suggestions. I'd prefer a simpler phot editing program and a computer between 1500-2g.

Any advice would be more than appreciated.
I recommend:
  • At least 3 batteries
  • ND filters
  • Sunhood for the Mavic
  • USB power supply for RC
Make a quick test flight to insure the Mavic/RC/software works with enough time and an internet connection to fix anything that doesn't. Nothing quite like having an audience when something goes haywire.

As for a computer and software, shop for the software first and then get the computer that can run it. You will need a powerful video card and lots of RAM. A SSD will speed things up but is more expensive than a spinning drive. Also get a backup drive or cloud storage for backups.

I use DaVinci Resolve free version for video; it's not simple but amazingly powerful for a free program. There are a lot of tutorial videos on YouTube. You could use Gimp for photo editing to start, it is free.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ