DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy now or continue to wait ?

I’ve done a lot of research on the air , pro and platnium drones
They all seem to have thier strengths . I love the features of the Air, but have concerns about flight time . The pro seems the best value . Platnium The best overall ...
3 choices... and I can only get one

We use Mavic Air units with our agency (public safety) and have done testing of fully charged batteries in our hangar at the airport with no winds and just static flight. We got about 16 mins. 27 seconds of flight time before the critical battery stage took over for auto landing.

I performed a sunny day but 8-10 mph winds at 80 feet altitude and we got 15 mins. 25 seconds of flight time before the critical battery stage took over to auto land.

While these units are rather advanced and very stable in winds for their size the battery life is less than ideal. I hope they come out with an extended battery for true 20 min flight times.

Other than that, the Air units are nice.

That said, I just purchased a Mavic pro Platinum to do inspection work (sub-contract) for a insurance company. I believe from what I have read and seen it will be much better to do this simple work than utilizing my Inspire 1.

Should be go ahead and purchase the Platnium Pro or wait ?
The Evo is getting closer and Mavic Pro 2 might not be to far behind ... having a hard time with buying now or waiting ...
Any thoughts?
With this Evo they probably would release it. But now with the new Parrot drone AND the Evo, I think they are definitely going to release something...

Reactions: Rnl
Personally I would not rely on Autel for anything. They have been a real disappointment for sure. They should have expanded on the XSP lineup and the EVO should have been released by now if they were not in a financial predicament as I suspect.

The DJI systems across the board are just hard to beat. Customer service is sometimes less than ideal but I really think they have improved on some levels there too.

That said, my MPP should be here this week for two insurance flights I need to do.

Should be go ahead and purchase the Platnium Pro or wait ?
The Evo is getting closer and Mavic Pro 2 might not be to far behind ... having a hard time with buying now or waiting ...
Any thoughts?
Personally I would not rely on Autel for anything. They have been a real disappointment for sure. They should have expanded on the XSP lineup and the EVO should have been released by now if they were not in a financial predicament as I suspect.

The DJI systems across the board are just hard to beat. Customer service is sometimes less than ideal but I really think they have improved on some levels there too.

That said, my MPP should be here this week for two insurance flights I need to do.

I would agree, the DJI Customer service has been improving. They are much more responsive and thoughtful I guess you could say. I lost my phantom 3 Standard a couple years ago and there was a response about every two days, and now I can get about 2 maybe 3 responses out of them a day for my Mavic.

DJI has no real competition in their price range. This means there is no reason to spend the money on new birds development/research. What they will do and have done is continue to upgrade current birds until they see a significant drop in their bottom line and then they will release new birds. Basically they are sitting back with all the cash flow waiting on current competitors to catch up to what DJI currently has on the market and when the competition does DJI releases new birds to kill competitors profits not allowing them to have as much R&D. If DJI releases new birds before competition catches up then the competition will just try to match DJI new birds taking away from DJI profit.
Basically don't expect to see a mavic 2 or a phantom 5 anytime soon.

I always make sure I have at least one drone to practice with at all times, so I wouldn't personally wait for a new release, and go without flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419