DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy or not...

Frallan

Reactions
So if I'm running over a good deal of a PRO/Platinum should I buy it? I'm thinking the new M2P and M2Z is without a doubt amazing but a bit to expensive for my taste and the Air... Well to unstable here on Europe. These older mavic's is fazed out as I've heard but maybe that's not a issue after all, parts/update fw etc.

/Roger

So if I'm running over a good deal of a PRO/Platinum should I buy it? I'm thinking the new M2P and M2Z is without a doubt amazing but a bit to expensive for my taste and the Air... Well to unstable here on Europe. These older mavic's is fazed out as I've heard but maybe that's not a issue after all, parts/update fw etc.

/Roger
The MavicPP is still a great platform and will be around for a long time, what's even better is the price for those like yourself waning to get into the sport w/savings into your right hand pocket! Go for it!

Reactions: dbyantis
Hi -
I don't see where DJI is phasing out the Pro/Platinum, but I am curious about the AIR being unstable? It must be WiFi?

Anyway, I would say yes, get one.
I am seeing new Mavic Pro deals under $700 for brand new ones here in the US. Less than the AIR, $799.

As far as parts, I wouldn't be too concerned because there are thousands of these in service, so I believe that parts will be available for years.

Hi -
I don't see where DJI is phasing out the Pro/Platinum, but I am curious about the AIR being unstable? It must be WiFi?

Anyway, I would say yes, get one.
I am seeing new Mavic Pro deals under $700 for brand new ones here in the US. Less than the AIR, $799.

As far as parts, I wouldn't be too concerned because there are thousands of these in service, so I believe that parts will be available for years.
It's just my assumption that the V1 is phased out due to the new gen mavic's. It's hard to believe that Dji continues manufacturing new units in a near future.
Regarding the little Air, yes its the Wifi I'm referring to. When flying in CE mode it's just not enough, anyway not for me to fly comfortably. And yes, I know all about the "geo hack" but I'm not much into the thought that I have to hack the drone to get it to perform.

It's just my assumption that the V1 is phased out due to the new gen mavic's. It's hard to believe that Dji continues manufacturing new units in a near future.
Regarding the little Air, yes its the Wifi I'm referring to. When flying in CE mode it's just not enough, anyway not for me to fly comfortably. And yes, I know all about the "geo hack" but I'm not much into the thought that I have to hack the drone to get it to perform.

I agree, I doubt that they will continue production. However, the P3 Standard and SE are still sold in a few places here.
I could comfortably fly my AIR 3+ miles with no issues, but I understand y8our concerns. The camera on the AIR is really nice. I sold mine to guy and he said it's comparable to his P4P. IDK, I don't have a P4.
I guess the biggest issue with the Mavic V1 is lack of rear and side sensors. Other than that, it's still a great platform.
I say go for it! Especially under $700?
You will be happy with it!