DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a drone while on a cruise with MSC.

sharbelito

Reactions
Hey Guys,
I'm going on a cruise in june 2024 and i saw that i cannot bring a drone with me to the ship so sadly i wont be doing that, but can i still go to a destination, buy a drone, use it and film everything i want and then bring it onboard?

you'd have to ask the shipline... they want to make sure you don't do anything unsafe with it like flying it during the voyage over the ship.

Hey Guys,
I'm going on a cruise in june 2024 and i saw that i cannot bring a drone with me to the ship so sadly i wont be doing that, but can i still go to a destination, buy a drone, use it and film everything i want and then bring it onboard?
I am puzzled, if they won't let you bring a drone onto the ship at the initial port of embarkation why would they let you bring one on board that was bought in some other port?

Hey Guys,
I’d just simply revisit this topic in 2024 prior to traveling. policies change frequently. Your trip is over a year away.

Hey Guys,
One drones in third world countries are rare or hard to find. If you do find one it will be expensive.
Two when you return to board the ship and they will take it. When will they return it will depend on the security person on the boat. I dont have that issue I find an island and hang out for a week or two.

Look for this in the search

Mini 2 on an MSC Cruise Ship​

Sorry you’re cruising with the wrong folks, Only Carnival and Royal Caribbean allow drones onboard. As an example, I take my drone onboard with Carnival, the caveat is I check it in to security on boarding, who return it to me the evening before the port where I wish to fly into order to charge the batteries. When I return to the ship I give it back to security. Most of the Western Caribbean National Parks charge a nominal $2 US to fly a drone within the park. It’s never been an issue for me.

You could always utilize Shipping Services like UPS, FedEx, etc.
Just mail your Drone to wherever you're going, or, buy one there, and mail it home, if you have the cash to do so. :)

You could always utilize Shipping Services like UPS, FedEx, etc.
Just mail your Drone to wherever you're going, or, buy one there, and mail it home, if you have the cash to do so. :)
NOT It will have to go through customs and could take a week after you get to the island. They don’t do much until you show up to pick up the item. You will pay an arm and leg to import the drone. You will be hard pressed to find a place to buy a drone in third world countries. Would you like to guess again?

• Haha
Reactions: 1TenaciousG
NOT It will have to go through customs and could take a week after you get to the island. They don’t do much until you show up to pick up the item. You will pay an arm and leg to import the drone. You will be hard pressed to find a place to buy a drone in third world countries. Would you like to guess again?
It was just an idea.
Save your attitude for someone who cares.
Are you ALWAYS this pleasant to converse with?
If so, I'm glad that we've never met before now. Lol.
Have the day that you deserve.
Goodbye.

It was just an idea.
Save your attitude for someone who cares.
Are you ALWAYS this pleasant to converse with?
If so, I'm glad that we've never met before now. Lol.
Have the day that you deserve.
Goodbye.
It helps to give advice about something you know about.
People come here looking for advice based on your experience.
If you want to just give opinions try the Wall Street Journal or FaceBook.
The advice you tried to give would have been harmful to the person. You could have exposed him to financial loss or criminal proceedings in a foreign country.
Had a wonderful day my stocks were up😊

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13