DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a Mavic in Asia?

RC5728

Reactions
What is the cheapest way to buy a Mavic in SE Asia?

My Mavic stopped working here (yay) and I assume there is no way to use the DJI Care Refresh to have it fixed/replaced in Asia?

What is the cheapest way to buy a Mavic in SE Asia?

My Mavic stopped working here (yay) and I assume there is no way to use the DJI Care Refresh to have it fixed/replaced in Asia?
If you are in Thailand, you can buy my mavic Pro Combo. Only some weeks old. I live in Chiang Mai.

There are DJI store's there too, go to the dji web site and at the top
of the page where it said, United States (English / $ USD) click on it and the
you can see where you need to go if you can read the wrighting

I tried contacting DJI but they’re only available 7:00-5:00 PST so it’s difficult with the time zone difference here. I’ll have to try again tonight.

The DJI Care Refresh FAQ says it’s only valid in the region where the drone was purchased. So I would need to send my Mavic back to the USA to get serviced, which seems very difficult or impossible. Not sure how that would work.

Also if I buy a Mavic in Asia, won’t it be lacking the normal warranty I’d have if I bought it in USA? What if I buy a Mavic from Amazon in the USA and have it shipped to me in Singapore or something?

I’m on bad WiFi at the moment in a more remote island, so it’s hard to research any of this. MavicPilots still came up for me though.

DJI do cross country repairs for a fee. Enquire about thay when you get through to them.

DJI do cross country repairs for a fee. Enquire about thay when you get through to them.
I finally heard back from DJI and they do indeed have repair centers in Asia.

However I can't use DJI Care Refresh for that. I'd have to pay for the repair out of pocket.

What would it normally cost to fix a gimbal? What if I pay them to fix it, and then it does the same thing again a week later?

Ironically the gimbal is (I assume) one of the most expensive parts on the Mavic but it's also built extremely fragile. Ridiculous design.

repair price will vary depending on what part of asia you’re in. in china, replacing camera/gimbal is around $200 and if it gives you any issue after the repair, there’s a 1yr warranty for that repair (only in the country where the repair was done) still much cheaper than buying another unit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying