Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1): DJI site v Amazon UK

CJG

Reactions
Just a tad puzzled.

Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1)on DJI Website (and most UK stores) = £709

Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1)in DJI shop on Amazon UK = £632

Am I missing something? Just worried that the Amazon price is too good to be true……..

CG

Just a tad puzzled.

Am I missing something? Just worried that the Amazon price is too good to be true……..

CG
Boils down to would you rather purchase from DJI or Amazon. I had no problems returning a purchase to DJI but Lots when trying to return to Amazon, cheers Len

Reactions: CJG
Boils down to would you rather purchase from DJI or Amazon. I had no problems returning a purchase to DJI but Lots when trying to return to Amazon, cheers Len
Thanks @lensimages: I’m tempted by Argos: just up the road, and I have never had a problem returning things there either

@CJG just had a look at the amazon add it has a 11% reduction to the normal £709 price its a promotional offer specific to amazon ,but as with all this things beware there may be a catch ,amazon has the buying power to offer these sort of discounts ,so its really down to a personal choice whether or not you take it up

Reactions: bobbydoug and CJG
@CJG just had a look at the amazon add it has a 11% reduction to the normal £709 price its a promotional offer specific to amazon ,but as with all this things beware there may be a catch ,amazon has the buying power to offer these sort of discounts ,so its really down to a personal choice whether or not you take it up
Thanks for the advice @old man mavic: I am a big Amazon-user, but for some reason I am wary of this deal.

BTW @old man mavic and @lensimages: does the Mini 3 Pro have precision landing? I love this on my Mavic Pro/MP2 and really miss it on my Mini 2!

Just check that the Amazon price isn't for a returned drone, there have been problems with returned drones being "bound" but I do not know if Amazon have cottoned on to that yet and done something about it. given OMM comment it probably not a return but.....

With regards to Amazon returns, for me the experiences have been good, I returned a 'new' camera lens because I had suspicions it was a return. I also returned a chainsaw that was beyond the 30, or whatever, day rule but had become faulty, there were no problems with either return, for me Amazon's returns behaviour would be a plus.

As far as I know the Mini 3 DOES NOT have precision landing but I do not see that as a problem, I rarely use it with my M2P/Z.

Just check that the Amazon price isn't for a returned drone, there have been problems with returned drones being "bound" but I do not know if Amazon have cottoned on to that yet and done something about it. given OMM comment it probably not a return but.....

With regards to Amazon returns, for me the experiences have been good, I returned a 'new' camera lens because I had suspicions it was a return. I also returned a chainsaw that was beyond the 30, or whatever, day rule but had become faulty, there were no problems with either return, for me Amazon's returns behaviour would be a plus.

As far as I know the Mini 3 DOES NOT have precision landing but I do not see that as a problem, I rarely use it with my M2P/Z.
Thanks @Yorkshire_Pud: I think I‘it go with Argos….

My manual landing onto my landing pad is………not very skilled (much to my son’s amusement: we go walking together and he gets bored when I fly for photography; but cheers up watching me land!!!!)

Just a tad puzzled.

CG
What I noticed here in Canada is that buying from the DJI store the prices for me are in US dollars.
I sent DJI an email about that and they swore that they could do nothing about it. You are at the mercy of the lender as to what exchange rate you get.
Buying from Amazon Canada DJI store the prices are in Canadian dollars. NO surpises.
Otherwise I can see no difference.

Always found Amazon returns the safest of all online retailers - personally I would much prefer amazon than direct from DJI.

@CJG the Mini 3 pro or indeed the other mini 3 ,do not as of this moment have precision landing, but really it is not a problem ,it is always better to let the drone do its return to home, wait till it has descended to around 30ft or so from the ground ,then cancel RTH and , and land the drone manually especially if it is quite windy ,its good practice to have the drone facing away from you when you land, and also it hones you stick skills ,in controlling the drone ,the pilot term for a landing, is a controlled crash , the worst moment is when ground effect takes over those last few inches before touchdown ,but its rewarding to get it safely in the middle of the landing mat,

Just a tad puzzled.

CG
Amazon sometimes has those lightning discounts for a few hours or a promotion. I bought my Air 2S in December from Amazon in Canada. The first shipment was an empty box (someone had stolen the drone and accessories and returned it to Amazon). I immediately called Amazon and they refunded my money right away. I ordered another and received it 2 days later. I've been on Amazon for years and they've always take care of me.
I registered the drone with DJI and the warranty kicked in like it should.
Sometimes you have to be aware of refurbished units being sold - but Amazon has always been good about returns - for me anyway.

Reactions: Dronecation
@CJG the Mini 3 pro or indeed the other mini 3 ,do not as of this moment have precision landing, but really it is not a problem ,it is always better to let the drone do its return to home, wait till it has descended to around 30ft or so from the ground ,then cancel RTH and , and land the drone manually especially if it is quite windy ,its good practice to have the drone facing away from you when you land, and also it hones you stick skills ,in controlling the drone ,the pilot term for a landing, is a controlled crash , the worst moment is when ground effect takes over those last few inches before touchdown ,but its rewarding to get it safely in the middle of the landing mat,
You are right @old man mavic: I really need to hone my skills on landing (which are frankly rubbish at the moment….). I’ll have to practice in the back garden (as long as I don‘t go too high to be a nuisance).

Just to update you all, I got a Mini 3 Pro and Flymore Kit from Argos.

The kit was available immediately; and the drone by 1600 the same day.

So I now have a Mini 2 Flymore Combo for sale if anyone in the UK is interested. MPB will give me £220, so any offers over that will secure the Combo!!!

To be honest I think that is a ridiculously low price unless there are problems with the drone.
Have a look at COMPLETED auctions on ebay, most are going for better than £300.
If that is really all you want for it I'd suggest you keep it as a backup small drone.

To be honest I think that is a ridiculously low price unless there are problems with the drone.
Have a look at COMPLETED auctions on ebay, most are going for better than £300.
Nope: no problems with the drone. It is great.

MPB trade on the simplicity of doing business with them. I am a very inexperienced seller when it comes to eBay and it always seems so much hassle!!

@CIG i am sure you will enjoy your Mini 3 pro ,it is a real step up from the Mini 2 in many areas ,yes you could get more for the Mini 2 if you sold it on some of the other platforms,
but the price quoted by MPB takes into consideration the fact that they need to sell it for more,
and if you are sure that you want to sell it to them ,then thats perfectly fine ,personally i would hold off for a couple of weeks, till you have got your head around the new drone,and perhaps put the drone here on the forum in classified section for £350 ONO and see if you get any takers
good luck with all your flying adventures, yours OMM

Wex Photo in the UK is currently offering DJI Mini 3 pro (No RC) bundled with Fly More kit for £754 combined (Fly More costing £135.15 instead of £159)

Wex Photo in the UK is currently offering DJI Mini 3 pro (No RC) bundled with Fly More kit for £754 combined (Fly More costing £135.15 instead of £159)
Thanks for this: unfortunately, I have already bought for full price at Argos #SillyGrandad

@CIG i am sure you will enjoy your Mini 3 pro ,it is a real step up from the Mini 2 in many areas ,yes you could get more for the Mini 2 if you sold it on some of the other platforms,
but the price quoted by MPB takes into consideration the fact that they need to sell it for more,
and if you are sure that you want to sell it to them ,then thats perfectly fine ,personally i would hold off for a couple of weeks, till you have got your head around the new drone,and perhaps put the drone here on the forum in classified section for £350 ONO and see if you get any takers
good luck with all your flying adventures, yours OMM
Thanks for this @old man mavic! Great advice as always!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian