DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a used Mavic Zoom 2 or Air 1

DHDrone

Reactions
Hi all,

I've seen a couple of drones locally for sale 2nd hand, a Mavic 2 zoom (£750) and a Mavic Air 1 (£550). Both appear to be in very good condition and both come with spare batteries, propellers and cases etc. This will be my first drone, although i did use a phantom 4 at uni, and so is unlikely to get used at any professional level. Do you think the Mavic 2 zoom is worth the extra £200. What are the main advantages, other than the ability to zoom optically?

Thanks!

I have the zoom, and I'd go for that as opposed to the air 1.

I don't use the zoom as much as I thought I would, but I do use it. Plus the camera is slightly better in that it has d-cinelike which I use.

The biggest difference is occusync. This system of transmission is much better than the wifi on the air 1. It means you get a rock solid signal within line of sight, plus it does actually work well way beyond line of sight where that is allowed.

Plus the Air one is flipping noisy!

Hi DHDrone Welcome to Mavic Pilots
I have bought a MP & a MP2 both used & saved a small fortune.
You say they are local so get a test flight to check them out.
If you have the cash I would go for the M2 Zoom but that depends on what you want to use it for.

welcome to the forum, it really depends on how much time you have to give to your new hobby,if you are going to be flying quite a lot and want a reasonable flight time go for the M2Z
you will benefit from both the occusync, and sound of the drone compared to the Air ,if on the other hand you just want something to take with you from time to time ,and are not to concerned about flight time, then the Air would be perfectly acceptable

M2zoom has superior connection/transmission, better camera, longer flight time and is quieter than the MA1.

MA1 has a smaller form factor thats better for transporting if bulk is a concern. It’s a blast to fly and is very responsive and easier to fly in tight spots. I have often seen the MA1 being sold at 1/2 the price of a comparable used M2zoom.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23