DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a used mini 3 pro - what should I be aware of about previous account?

guess I have more to learn.
Not meant in any nasty way but, with regards to this binding, yes you do and it's best learnt before the horse bolts etc.
It would be a painful and expensive lesson to learn after you had bought a bound drone or controller paper-weight or doorstop.
I think that is the value of threads such as this, they warn people of the danger and forewarned is forearmed.

Reactions: Mrktn
Just to complete this thread that I started couple of weeks ago, the USED mini 3 pro drone that came from this unfamiliar internet company turned out to be broken from the get go. Since I had paid through Amazon Pay (which guarantees customer satisfaction through their A-Z warranty program), the return was not that difficult. Shared couple of pictures of the broken drone with the customer service rep, and I was able to return the drone for a full refund.

A few days later I got a used DJI RC remote from Amazon, and a refurbished mini 3 pro from DJI. They both connected fine, and and DJI mini 3 pro is now successfully bound to and connected to my account. Ended up buying DJI care refresh too. So all good here. Didn't save much money. But I have a second pair of drone now to complement my Mavic 3!

I have bought and sold many (14) DJI drones in the past and never had a problem by just installing the proper app, Go, Go4, Fly, to my device and just go fly. I never unbound or bound a used drone to my account. I usually sell on Craigslist so I can demo at time of sale and request purchaser to install the correct app on their device beforehand for the flight trial. Never ever had a problem as warranty is already expired and no complaints from buyers. My purcheses were also problem free despite a change in ownership. Sold 2 more this year already and 2 more for sale, just saying.
Out of curiosity, why so many drone purchases and reselling. Unhappy with the products?

Just to complete this thread that I started couple of weeks ago, the USED mini 3 pro drone that came from this unfamiliar internet company turned out to be broken from the get go. Since I had paid through Amazon Pay (which guarantees customer satisfaction through their A-Z warranty program), the return was not that difficult. Shared couple of pictures of the broken drone with the customer service rep, and I was able to return the drone for a full refund.

A few days later I got a used DJI RC remote from Amazon, and a refurbished mini 3 pro from DJI. They both connected fine, and and DJI mini 3 pro is now successfully bound to and connected to my account. Ended up buying DJI care refresh too. So all good here. Didn't save much money. But I have a second pair of drone now to complement my Mavic 3!
Good to hear. Thanks for sharing.