DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying crystal sky - charger considerations.

Check Fleabay/Craigslist, plenty of people selling their peripherals after crashing or losing their drones. I got a genuine P4 charger for $10.

Last edited:
Yep plenty of chargers around or pony up for the XY charger as they are cheap as chips.[/QU

Would that be the XY charger for the Mavic ? ( the blue one that does 3 batteries at the same time )

epic fail for me if it does , as i have already got one of those but shelled out on a P4 charger already.

Can anyone compare the sizes of the Mavic charger and the Phantom 4 Pro charger for me please?

The physical size or correct rating, the Mavic charger does not have the desired connector to output to connect to the hub, a cheap solution could be to add XT60's onto your Mavic charge cable and buy the DJI I Inspire battery to RC charge cable and fit an XT60 to that too.

The physical size or correct rating, the Mavic charger does not have the desired connector to output to connect to the hub, a cheap solution could be to add XT60's onto your Mavic charge cable and buy the DJI I Inspire battery to RC charge cable and fit an XT60 to that too.
Physical size comparison.
I already have an Inspire 2. My plan is to buy the Advanced Hub for the Mavic along with a P4P charger. I could then use the P4P charger for my CrystalSky's.
I just want to make sure the charger will fit in my GPC case slot.

Yes I know the Inspire charger will work for the CS but I am looking for a more compact solution.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Advexure
Were you chiming in unnecessarily or do you have the info I need?

$32 for a new DJI 100w Phantom 3 with AC cable on EBay from midcityhobby--includes free shipping.

@doccy What did you go with in the end?

@Mad_Angler1 What do you actually use?

Thanks in advance :)

I got the phantom 4 charger from DJI. It works well... though I feel angry about it! I decided to get it as I wanted the higher charge rate... though tbh not sure it is important - the charge on one batt lasts really well.

The 7.8 crystalsky unit is very nice BTW. As advertised is working well in the glare. Annoying bugs initially with video distortion - but latest firmware seems all good.

Hi all I just received the smatree charger and plugged it into the charger hub, is this the normal charging pattern?
cc7b1fe20a9817f2b101e16ea66d5bed.jpg

The charging led flashes twice fast and then off 2 seconds

I'm personally going with the Phantom 3 100W charger. Best bang for you buck.
May I ask what you payed? I'm sorry I don't want to be rude asking that , and I never ask that question but I just ordered it from amazon and it was 70 something dollars shipped.. it just seemed kinda high to me. Thank you

These are the published specs for the battery charging hub:
Model: WCH2
Input Voltage: 17.3–26.2 V
Output Voltage and Current: 8.7 V, 6 A; 5 V, 2 A
I have HP laptop adapter 19V 90W so intent to use it as soon I'll received the CS

Reactions: Scott70 and pure3d2
For Mavic owner's we've been recommending the Phantom 4 100W Battery Charger (don't forget your AC Cable) as you can then use this charger with a Mavic Charging Hub (Advanced) to achieve another use with your Mavic, faster charging.

If any assistance is required don't hesitate to reach out or give us a call at (855) 625-2055. Advexure currently has the CrystalSky 5.5" Monitors, all necessary chargers/cables, as well as the MavMount in stock and ready to ship for the ultimate CS 5.5" experience on the Mavic.

Safe flying! :cool:

For Mavic owner's we've been recommending the Phantom 4 100W Battery Charger (don't forget your AC Cable) as you can then use this charger with a Mavic Charging Hub (Advanced) to achieve another use with your Mavic, faster charging.

If any assistance is required don't hesitate to reach out or give us a call at (855) 625-2055. Advexure currently has the CrystalSky 5.5" Monitors, all necessary chargers/cables, as well as the MavMount in stock and ready to ship for the ultimate CS 5.5" experience on the Mavic.

Safe flying! :cool:
What's wrong with the Phantom 3 100W charger. It's cheaper.

What's wrong with the Phantom 3 100W charger. It's cheaper.

P3 Charger does not work with Advanced Charging Hub if you want some added functionality for additional use of the charger. Any additional functionality for anything else now or in the future with the P3 charging port is slim, near all functionality you're receiving is with the bullet port. Just a recommendation to future proof a little bit as Phantom series will likely continue to use the current connector that P4's have. That's if cost is not the only factor...

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa