DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying from an individual

lrdj88fan

Reactions
There is a guy near me selling a new, unopened Mavic Pro he received as a replacement from DJI. My concern is if I can purchase DJI Care for this drone if I buy it from him?

If he had DJI care on it, that is transferrable to new owner. If not, you are outta luck. DJI care can only be purchased within 48 hours of activation of a new drone.

If he had DJI care on it, that is transferrable to new owner. If not, you are outta luck. DJI care can only be purchased within 48 hours of activation of a new drone.
So, for clarification, this drone would not be considered new even though it a new drone from DJI sent to replace his defective one, which has never been taken out of the box and turned on?

That all depends on whether or not it requires activation. And you won't know that until you turn it on the first time.
I had a Mavic Platinum that DJI replaced under warranty that had to be activated because it had never been turned on.
I also has a refurb once that did not need to be activated, I guess because it was a refurb.
Activation constitutes eligibility to purchase DJI care.

That all depends on whether or not it requires activation. And you won't know that until you turn it on the first time.
I had a Mavic Platinum that DJI replaced under warranty that had to be activated because it had never been turned on.
I also has a refurb once that did not need to be activated, I guess because it was a refurb.
Activation constitutes eligibility to purchase DJI care.
Ok. Thank you.

You don't have to open the box to have DJI Care Refresh paired to it. I bought my Mavic Pro from DJI directly, plus DJI Care Refresh. The Care Refresh was paired to my drone a day before I even received it. That means that DJI could potentially transfer the Care Refresh to the new MP as they send it out. They know the SN without opening the box or activating it.
Best to check with DJI. Get the SN from the box, can contact support to ask it it's got Care Refresh attached to it.

Reactions: Former Member
There is a guy near me selling a new, unopened Mavic Pro

New unopened usually means it has not been registered and therefore eligible for Refresh within 48 hours of activation.

Best to check with DJI. Get the SN from the box, can contact support to ask it it's got Care Refresh attached to it.

Since it hasnt been opened, the OP can call, chat or email DJI with the S/N to see if it qualifies for Refresh.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
My concern is if I can purchase DJI Care for this drone if I buy it from him?
You can only buy DJI Care Refresh if it has not already been purchased for that drone.

Since the drone has been activated more than 48 hours ago, you'll need to submit a video to DJI to show the drone is in working order. See more details about that process here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio