DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying from new members

Have you bought items from new members who listed an item the same day they joined?

• Yes I have, and the deal turned out fine.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Yes I have and I never received the product or it wasnt as described. I got my money back.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes I have and I never received the product or it wasnt as described. I never got my money back.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
Im just trying to get an idea of how members experiences have been from buying items from members who post items for sale on their first day as a member with no external feedback references? Or items for sale via a link by brand new members. I have had generally good experiences, but I am wondering how other sales have turned out for other members. On the other hand, almost every item that I have bought from more senior members with a good number of postings has been a good experience. You can look at the members profile and postings to try and make yourself feel more comfortable with them and the item for sale.

Be careful out there. If you see a Mavic for sale for $99, it might very well be a scam. Thank you to all our astute member for watching out for eachother. I dont believe that people who buy these things are suckers, they are just victims and can use our help.

One good way to pay is Paypal. Dont pay with friends and family, you lose your buyers protection if the deal goes south.

One last thing. Ask, ask, ask as many questions as you can and await the answers. If the buyer is hesitant to answer, or you dont feel comfortable with their responses, walk away. At a minimum, get the sellers full name and address and very detailed pictures of the item you are buying.

Multiple choices is enabled.

If you are a new member and you are trying to sell an item here, you might consider listing some external feedback references such as eBay or other online forum where you have sold items before. Try to think from a buyers point of view, would you buy something from a complete stranger and trust them to send you the right thing? A little bit of disclosure goes a long way with buyers to help bolster your name.

Last edited:
Im just trying to get an idea of how members experiences have been from buying items from members who post items for sale on their first day as a member with no external feedback references? Or items for sale via a link by brand new members. I have had generally good experiences, but I am wondering how other sales have turned out for other members. On the other hand, almost every item that I have bought from more senior members with a good number of postings has been a good experience. You can look at the members profile and postings to try and make yourself feel more comfortable with them and the item for sale.

Be careful out there. If you see a Mavic for sale for $99, it might very well be a scam. Thank you to all our astute member for watching out for eachother. I dont believe that people who buy these things are suckers, they are just victims and can use our help.

One good way to pay is Paypal. Dont pay with friends and family, you lose your buyers protection if the deal goes south.

One last thing. Ask, ask, ask as many questions as you can and await the answers. If the buyer is hesitant to answer, or you dont feel comfortable with their responses, walk away. At a minimum, get the sellers full name and address and very detailed pictures of the item you are buying.

Multiple choices is enabled.

If you are a new member and you are trying to sell an item here, you might consider listing some external feedback references such as eBay or other online forum where you have sold items before. Try to think from a buyers point of view, would you buy something from a complete stranger and trust them to send you the right thing? A little bit of disclosure goes a long way with buyers to help bolster your name.
maybe another part of the poll would be like { no as I wouldnt trust the deal to go correctly }

or no as your taking a huge chance

Reactions: Former Member
Yeah, my answer would be "no". Especially someone who just signed up to sell their drone.

Some other forums I have been a part of require that you have been a member for a certain amount of time and/or have a certain number of meaningful posts before you can post in their classifieds/marketplace forum.

Yeah, my answer would be "no". Especially someone who just signed up to sell their drone.

Some other forums I have been a part of require that you have been a member for a certain amount of time and/or have a certain number of meaningful posts before you can post in their classifieds/marketplace forum.
I used to moderate for a car forum and we had strict rules about duration and post count before sales adds were allowed. Thought it was common

Reactions: Former Member

I used to moderate for a car forum and we had strict rules about duration and post count before sales adds were allowed. Thought it was common

Do you guys think it would cut down on scams? I think it might, but who knows.

Reactions: mad monkey
Another forum I am on you have to have 10 contributing posts before you can sell.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000