DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying Mavic 2 Pro: Please Help Me Decide between Amazon Packages

BenjaminNYC

Reactions
These packages seems pretty similar, but I'm having trouble deciding:

Package 1:
Amazon.com: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter with Hasselblad Camera 1” CMOS Sensor with Smart Controller Ultimate 5-Battery Bundle: Electronics
Advantage: 5 batteries, numerous small lens filters
Disadvantage: No hard shell case, only backpack

Package 2:
Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller With Refresh Care Ultimate Travel Bundle (3 Batteries, Waterproof Case, ND Filters, Charging Hub and More) : Electronics
Advantage: Both hard shell and soft case (but soft case doesn't fit remote)
Disadvantage: Only three batteries, and less lenses (also why do these lenses look square rather than the small round in Package 1?)

Package 3:
Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller (20 MP Hasselblad Camera) Ultimate Bundle (3 Batteries, Charging Hub, ND filterss, 128 GB Extreme microSD Card and More) : Electronics
Questions: Looks same as Package 2, any reason it's cheaper? Any differences I'm missing?

Package 4:
Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 PRO Drone Quadcopter with DJI Smart Controller (W/Touch Screen Display) and Fly More Kit Combo Bundle; Comes w/ 3 Batteries, Hasselblad Camera, Rugged Carry Case & Must Have Accessories : Electronics
Questions: Looks same as Package 2, any reason it's cheaper? Any differences I'm missing?

I know this is a tough ask, but any help is highly appreciated.

FWIW, I'm a total noob. And I don't want to say something stupid like "money is no object," but I'm interested in the best value for my money here, and any of these price points are fine with me.

Thanks!
B.

Honestly, since you are a "total noob" my suggestion is to start small and not go for any of these packages. First of all, do your due diligence and check on each of those vendors to make sure they are in fact authorized DJI retailers. Just because the ad says so, doesn't necessarily make it true.

You may think you will love flying drones and will stick with it, but what happens if you don't? Resale value drops the second you open the package and if you decide it's not something for you, then you lose more by purchasing one of these mega bundles up front.

None of us can possibly know what you will need going in. Will you need 5 batteries? Probably not. Will you need the ND filters? Possibly not.

In fact is the M2P the best option to start with? I can't answer that either, but you may be well advised to start with something less expensive. Learn how to fly it and then move up. If you do start with the M2P, the things I would recommend right from the start are 1 or 2 extra batteries, a hard travel case (Like Nanuk, GPC, etc), and a larger SD memory card. Since you are a noob, perhaps the Care Refresh plan would be of value to you. That will protect your investment in case you crash it.

I think you should part out everything to decide what you really want. Do you want the Smart Controller? Because that narrows it down to 1 of your choices. Otherwise, it cancels one out.

Filters: they should not be round for the M2P, but squarish with rounded corners. But mostly, why don't they tell you what filters they are (who makes 'em). They could be garbage. If you're buying this drone for video / photography, you want decent optics.

Fly More Kit: I looked it over and found too many things that I didn't really want (or wanted a different kind), so I didn't get that.

Case / bag / pack: I already knew that I wanted a good backpack, one that would protect the stuff, but also allow me to hike to remote locations with all of my accessories. That ruled out the hard case. I ended up with the Lowepro BP250 and I haven't regretted it since.

Yes, 5 batteries are nice. But you can get 3 now and a couple more later.

Also, there's more than Amazon. I'm a prime-addict myself (and got my M2P from that source), but there are some linked vendors that haunt these boards that offer discounts and are well respected.

Chris

Reactions: Paulf10
Thanks!!! So I think I'll physically go to B&H which is near me in NYC. They are an authorized reseller (per DJI website), so I'll speak with a representative there. It makes sense to start with the drone, batteries, and a case. I do want the Smart Remote, so I'll get that too. Then go from there. I was certainly getting ahead of myself!

B.

Wow! That’s a lot of bundles. In the end you’ll have to decide, but here are a few pointers.

- I’ve never been anywhere to fly that I couldn’t get the video and stills I wanted with 3 batteries. That’s enough to keep your Mavic 2 in the air all golden hour long. I’d skip the bundle with 5.

- Some of those bundles include DJI care refresh which is a service where if you crash your bird and you can recover it, they’ll send you a new one (usually refurbished) for a nominal fee. It’s good for the first year you use your Mavic. This greatly reduces anxiety to fly especially if you are brand new. Definitely worth the money.

- If you’re going to take your bird anywhere it would be handy to have at least one good case or bag. I don’t care for the one that comes with DJI’s Fly More combo. It’s pretty tight for my gear and is soft sided. One of the others might be better.

- ND Filters for the Mavic 2 are nice to have to help control shutter speeds during video recording. But they’re not necessary when you’re just starting out. They’ll be rectangular in appearance due to the shape of the Mavic 2 Pro’s lens.

- If you can wait, DJI is rolling out some decent discounts for Black Friday. The Mavic 2 Pro is included. Might be worth checking the sales out before you pull the trigger.

Just a few things to consider. Good luck!

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Wow! That’s a lot of bundles. In the end you’ll have to decide, but here are a few pointers.

- I’ve never been anywhere to fly that I could t get the video and stills I wanted with 3 batteries. That’s enough to keep your Mavic 2 in the air all golden hour long.

- Some of those bundles include DJI care refresh which is a service where I’d you crash your bird and you can recover it, they’ll send you a new one (usually refurbished) for a nominal fee. It’s good for the first year you use your Mavic. This greatly reduces anxiety to fly especially if you are brand new. Definitely worth the money.

- If you’re going to take your bird anywhere it would be handy to have at least one good case or bag. I don’t care for the one that comes with DJI’s Fly More combo. It’s pretty tight for my gear and is soft sided. One of the others might be better.

- ND Filters for the Mavic 2 are nice to have to help control shutter speeds during video recording. But they’re not necessary when you’re just starting out. They’ll be rectangular in appearance due to the shape of the Mavic’s lens.

- If you can wait, DJI is rolling out some decent discounts for Black Friday. The Mavic 2 Pro is included. Might be worth checking the sales out before you pull the trigger.

Just a few things to consider. Good luck!
Thank you! I thought about Black Friday, and I can wait. Where would I find those sales? Would they be passed through to authorized resellers?

Thank you! I thought about Black Friday, and I can wait. Where would I find those sales? Would they be passed through to authorized resellers?

If you search the forums here, you’ll find a couple topics with the prices and details. Authorized resellers are also participating. There’s one or more on the site here that will have some good deals. Just keep an eye out for their posts. You’ll likely be able to save a few hundred dollars off the regular price.

Reactions: DDS

Package 1:
Amazon.com: DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter with Hasselblad Camera 1” CMOS Sensor with Smart Controller Ultimate 5-Battery Bundle: Electronics
Advantage: 5 batteries, numerous small lens filters
Disadvantage: No hard shell case, only backpack

Package 2:
Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller With Refresh Care Ultimate Travel Bundle (3 Batteries, Waterproof Case, ND Filters, Charging Hub and More) : Electronics
Advantage: Both hard shell and soft case (but soft case doesn't fit remote)
Disadvantage: Only three batteries, and less lenses (also why do these lenses look square rather than the small round in Package 1?)

Package 3:
Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller (20 MP Hasselblad Camera) Ultimate Bundle (3 Batteries, Charging Hub, ND filterss, 128 GB Extreme microSD Card and More) : Electronics

Package 4:
Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 PRO Drone Quadcopter with DJI Smart Controller (W/Touch Screen Display) and Fly More Kit Combo Bundle; Comes w/ 3 Batteries, Hasselblad Camera, Rugged Carry Case & Must Have Accessories : Electronics

I know this is a tough ask, but any help is highly appreciated.

FWIW, I'm a total noob. And I don't want to say something stupid like "money is no object," but I'm interested in the best value for my money here, and any of these price points are fine with me.

Thanks!
B.
Hello and welcome

First off wait till sunday to pull the trigger when the price for the M2P drops from $1729- $1379

Secondly- You can order from a forum vendor and get a substantial discount over anything you can possibly find on amazon

My humble recommendation

Buy the M2P, Fly More Kit And being a Noob Picking Up the DJI Care would'nt hurt

So if u buy today total- $2327

Wait till sunday price-$1977
We also have our exclusive forum only coupon for $100 off bringing your total down to $1877 and as always ships free.

Food for though
Maybecheck out our Mega Bundle if you want all the amazon accessories.

Hope this helps

EDIT
Sry Missed you want the SC

M2P w/ Smart Controller- $2199 today VS $1779 Sunday Sale Price. So $420 off + the $100 Forum Coupon you get to put some lunch money aside if you can wait a few days.

Last edited:
I dont know why you are buying the dronie but 5 batteries is likely more than you need. Get the care refresh plan. If you dont mind spending the $$ get the smart controller but it is merely a convenient alternative.
And like others have mentioned wait for Black friday! you are so close :)

Hello and welcome

First off wait till sunday to pull the trigger when the price for the M2P drops from $1729- $1379

Secondly- You can order from a forum vendor and get a substantial discount over anything you can possibly find on amazon

My humble recommendation

Buy the M2P, Fly More Kit And being a Noob Picking Up the DJI Care would'nt hurt

We also have our exclusive forum only coupon for $100 off bringing your total down to $1877 and as always ships free.

Food for though

Hope this helps
Thank you, I assume you are an authorized reseller, and you'll have the new prices Sunday? Do you offer fast shipping?

Reactions: DDS
Vendors - there are lots of sketchy ones out there and Amazon's comments/feedback is not exactly reliable. Do your homework on the seller as well if using the marketplace, and keep in mind that if it's too good to be true it probably is - especially with Black Friday deals starting up. Also, don't limit yourself to Amazon - they're not always the best option and it can pay to shop around, including the official DJI site.

Batteries - don't sweat these, and buy more later, if you really need them. Three gives you upto 90min flight time, which is usually plenty if you have a good idea what you are going to shoot before you power on.

Bags - Figure out exactly what you expect to carry when using your drone - and don't forget about things not directly connected with the drone. A small camera backpack or shoulder bag with adjustable dividers is likely to be much more useful than any bundled bag.

Filters - unless they say the brand, caveat emptor. Opinions vary on where the sweet spot is between price/performance, but PolarPro (I have these), Freewell, and Skyreat all get excellent reviews. The little tool some filters come with is very useful too - both for reducing fingerprints on the filters and undue stress on the camera gimbal.

Memory - it's cheap, so just buy an appropriate number of cards of whatever size you feel comfortable with should one get corrupted. Some pilots like to put a new card in for each flight, so there's no point going for massive cards with this approach as a 32GB card is plenty for a single 30min flight shooting 4K at 100Mb/s throughout.

Thank you, I assume you are an authorized reseller, and you'll have the new prices Sunday? Do you offer fast shipping?
NJ to NY you'll have the next business day and yes we are an authorized dji dealer. BF pricing will be updated Sat @ 12am Est

I would add a few things to be aware of also, some ads I’ve been seeing lately for the M2P with smart controller, once you read through the product description you see that it’s not a smart controller but the stock one with a phone in the bracket of the remote. Just have been going back and forth with a retailer on Amazon about this...advertisement issue this morning. Either their ad is wrong or their product description is wrong. Based on the price $2099, I’m betting it’s the ad that’s...off. After reading through the post above, there is some excellent advice there. I’m glad I followed similar advice 6 months ago when starting out. Unless your minted... it might be best to get some one that won’t hurt so much if crashed and damaged. Learning to fly a UAV without gps and OA, makes you a better pilot in my opinion and you’ll wholeheartedly will appreciate drone with that tech afterwards.
Hope that helps... blueskies:)

Last edited:
Hello and welcome

My humble recommendation

Food for though

Hope this helps

EDIT
Sry Missed you want the SC

M2P w/ Smart Controller- $2199 today VS $1779 Sunday Sale Price. So $420 off + the $100 Forum Coupon you get to put some lunch money aside if you can wait a few days.
Thank you for posting. Quick question about the Mega bundle, what are the brands of the case and filters please?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS