DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying Mavic 2 Pro: Please Help Me Decide between Amazon Packages

B&H is a great idea, I definitely would recommend buying in person if you can for your first drone(maybe I'm just old school). You must be wary of buying drones from third party sellers on amazon.
I'd recommend getting the Fly More Combo plus one extra battery to start- Smart Controller too if you've got it.
You'll probably should get a set of ND filters. You'll want them as soon as you start to figure out video. Search on this forum for the best one's, these guys will know.
I'd also get two SD cards so you can switch them out instead of a really big one. It's just safer for the files that way.
Also, if you're local there's an "Official" DJI store on Broadway and 51st
DJI Customer Experience Store
1666 Broadway 10019

unless you realize you need 5 batteries - five batteries are a lot
thats at least an hour and 40 mins of fly time

then again, who am I to talk about hobby length? I happily do 4 dives a day lol

but the point is, unless you know for a fact that you want to spend 2 hours flying, then don't get 5

I enjoy flying my drone and rarely go past battery # 2

either I dont have more time or I've gotten bored of the area

perhaps if I spent a whole day out exploring different areas - I could go through 5 batteries

I think you should part out everything to decide what you really want. Do you want the Smart Controller? Because that narrows it down to 1 of your choices. Otherwise, it cancels one out.

Filters: they should not be round for the M2P, but squarish with rounded corners. But mostly, why don't they tell you what filters they are (who makes 'em). They could be garbage. If you're buying this drone for video / photography, you want decent optics.

Fly More Kit: I looked it over and found too many things that I didn't really want (or wanted a different kind), so I didn't get that.

Case / bag / pack: I already knew that I wanted a good backpack, one that would protect the stuff, but also allow me to hike to remote locations with all of my accessories. That ruled out the hard case. I ended up with the Lowepro BP250 and I haven't regretted it since.

Yes, 5 batteries are nice. But you can get 3 now and a couple more later.

Also, there's more than Amazon. I'm a prime-addict myself (and got my M2P from that source), but there are some linked vendors that haunt these boards that offer discounts and are well respected.

Chris
The round filters for the Mavic 2 Pro are the polarized filters

These packages seems pretty similar, but I'm having trouble deciding:

soo, i tell you what...
there is a very consistent rumor of mavic 3 to be some what soon announced. i donot think it is a right time to buy into M2P. if you really want a 2nd gen mavic - it would make more sense to buy a combo of mavic 2 Zoom with a smart controller, only, now - as sold by DJI. dji sells it for $1889.
there were still links online showing that combo for old price - but be extra careful of who they are. may be scam. or may be not. link below shows it for $1,660.99. go figure.

optionally you can buy a fly more kit, separately. and then buy a $40-$50 hard case on amazon. skip those combo deals, you do not need that. and skip mavic 2 pro for now, at least until rumors will settle.

only reason to buy a kit now is to get a smart controller with a discount. if you do not want smart controller - the spare body from ebay is $475

and a spare zoom gimbal can be found cheap on aliexpress.

Last edited:
The smart controller combo seems cheaper because it doesn't include the regular remote.

I don't think someone starting out should be piecemealing at component level.
Besides, you still need a remote, batteries, charger.

The smart controller combo seems cheaper because it doesn't include the regular remote.

I don't think someone starting out should be piecemealing at component level.
Besides, you still need a remote, batteries, charger.
when i see numbers like $2700 i am piecemealing all the way. it is same as to buy now an alienware rig for $4000 instead of getting X570 mobo for $120 and a CPU for $499. but, to each his own.

the point about M2P getting obsolete soon still stands.

Between the body and gimbal, you're close to $700-1000 and you don't have the remote, battery or charger yet.
You lose any warranty.

And with the upcoming Black Friday deals, makes even less sense.

Between the body and gimbal, you're close to $700-1000 and you don't have the remote, battery or charger yet.
You lose any warranty.

And with the upcoming Black Friday deals, makes even less sense.
you do not lose any warranty, if it activates and acts as a usual brand new drone. if not - then, well, may be. mine was new, so it has a warranty and a dji refresh bought for it.
black friday deals better be true, if they will be there, at all.

More batteries is the best option you can buy. Don't worry about anything but batteries. Most of the other stuff isn't good quality anyway. Batteries Batteries Batteries.

Hello and welcome

First off wait till sunday to pull the trigger when the price for the M2P drops from $1729- $1379

Secondly- You can order from a forum vendor and get a substantial discount over anything you can possibly find on amazon

My humble recommendation

Buy the M2P, Fly More Kit And being a Noob Picking Up the DJI Care would'nt hurt

So if u buy today total- $2327

Wait till sunday price-$1977
We also have our exclusive forum only coupon for $100 off bringing your total down to $1877 and as always ships free.

Food for though
Maybecheck out our Mega Bundle if you want all the amazon accessories.

Hope this helps

EDIT
Sry Missed you want the SC

M2P w/ Smart Controller- $2199 today VS $1779 Sunday Sale Price. So $420 off + the $100 Forum Coupon you get to put some lunch money aside if you can wait a few days.
Howdy! I see the sale wasn't loaded Saturday at 12am (last night); assuming you meant Sunday 12am (Saturday night)? Also, what is the $100 coupon? Thanks!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake