DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bvlos

What Are Your Thoughts On BVLOS Flying?

• Total voters
Box number four?
Should read “No answer on the grounds it may incriminate me”
My guess would be several check marks on #4?

Reactions: Rnl
My thoughts on BVLOS flying is to use common sense. Unfortunately that varies from person to person. I used to fly BVLOS all the time prior to the rule change until I had a few close calls with full sized aircraft. Call it a lack of common sense, but I never saw a problem until it happened to me a couple times. Could I have made those BVLOS flights a bit more responsible...yes I could have even if I couldn't have seen my drone.
Mainly, I hope I'm in compliance if an accident occurs that involves somebody else, either in the air or on the ground. I also hope to have enough common sense to prevent an incident from happening in the first place.

Just because something is possible doesn't mean we should do it. I mean i drive so it's possible I could drive a formula 1 sports car but I don't think the outcome would be great.

That's the trouble, isn't it ?

New pilots simply don't know what's relatively safe, and what's really risky.
Lots of excitement, and freedom in the air, perhaps no research as to what's required (local rules etc).

It takes time to transition from a raw pilot with no drone common sense, to one that can assess an area and operate mitigating risk almost totally, and for BVLOS flying by telemetry (even close within VLOS), knowing all the risks during any particular flight so a proper assessment can be made.

One reason competency type based licensing is a good thing, part 107, RePL, PfCO (?), etc.

Box number four?
Should read “No answer on the grounds it may incriminate me”
My guess would be several check marks on #4?
or you could just do what i did and not vote at all

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Just because something is possible doesn't mean we should do it. I mean i drive so it's possible I could drive a formula 1 sports car but I don't think the outcome would be great.
Just in general, or based on our experience? We all fly BVLOS at some point.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone