DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

C1, C2 & the thumbwheel

Ralph thompson

Reactions
I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro to complement my Inspire 1 Pro (portability & slightly better video quality). One handy feature on the Inspire is to set C1 to centre the camera in yaw only and to switch the thumbwheel from gimbal pitch to gimbal yaw. This is very handy for panoramas. Unfortunately, although there are lots of options for C1& C2 on the Mavic 2 Pro (with smart controller), I don’t find any of them particularly useful. I know u can yaw the gimbal with yr finger on camera view but I like yawing the gimbal with the thumbwheel. Does anyone know if
1 - u can yaw the thumb gimbal with the thumbwheel?
2 - u can centre the gimbal without pitching it 90 deg down?

do not think so... you drag finger on screen to yaw gimbal - very inconvenient.
the way i think the C1/C2 can be set the best on mavic 2 is to map c1 to enable/disable optical avoidance sensors, and C2 to invoke camera settings.

5pos thumb stick is set on my controller to adjust camera up/down, metering/focus switch, the decrease and increase EV.

i was very surprised that even on the smart controller they did not augment features with something obvious - like - if you would press the the 'back' button - like for adjusting volume - to override stick control input to move the gimbal around.
and, there is still no way to adjust _both_ aperture and shutter in the M mode. etc. oddities...

I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro to complement my Inspire 1 Pro (portability & slightly better video quality). One handy feature on the Inspire is to set C1 to centre the camera in yaw only and to switch the thumbwheel from gimbal pitch to gimbal yaw. This is very handy for panoramas. Unfortunately, although there are lots of options for C1& C2 on the Mavic 2 Pro (with smart controller), I don’t find any of them particularly useful. I know u can yaw the gimbal with yr finger on camera view but I like yawing the gimbal with the thumbwheel. Does anyone know if
1 - u can yaw the thumb gimbal with the thumbwheel?
2 - u can centre the gimbal without pitching it 90 deg down?

The difference is your inspire has a gimbal that can yaw independently of the aircraft. The mavic 2 can yaw the fumble only slightly, how all intents and purposes you have to yaw the aircraft to yaw the gimbal.

The difference is your inspire has a gimbal that can yaw independently of the aircraft. The mavic 2 can yaw the fumble only slightly, how all intents and purposes you have to yaw the aircraft to yaw the gimbal.
you will be surprised if you think it is so. drag your finger on the screen - you will see. feature is there. the proper control mapping is absent.

i just chatted with the dji support and asked them to send up the chain the request to add shutter control to 5 pos switch for M mode, so both aperture and shutter controls would be possible without getting to the settings screen. may be if more folks would do the same we would get something done by dji devs, eventually. who knows.

Reactions: Synephrine
you will be surprised if you think it is so. drag your finger on the screen - you will see. feature is there. the proper control mapping is absent.

i just chatted with the dji support and asked them to send up the chain the request to add shutter control to 5 pos switch for M mode, so both aperture and shutter controls would be possible without getting to the settings screen. may be if more folks would do the same we would get something done by dji devs, eventually. who knows.

Why wouldn’t you just put it in aperture priority mode and set the EV? That way you control the aperture and the drone will control the shutter to maintain your specified EV. Seems a lot easier than controlling both manually and you wouldn’t want to change your EV within a shot would you?

Why wouldn’t you just put it in aperture priority mode and set the EV? That way you control the aperture and the drone will control the shutter to maintain your specified EV. Seems a lot easier than controlling both manually and you wouldn’t want to change your EV within a shot would you?
i have it setup exactly like that but it is not exactly same. M mode with histogram on a screen and full control is faster and, well, more intuitive, if you are used to it.

In fact the gimbal does yaw in a similar way ti the Inspire 1 Pro, on slight issue is that the front legs become visible if u go too far. I know u can press and drag, my only point was that on the Inspire u can yaw the gimbal with the thumb wheel.. you can program C1 or C2 to toggle between gamble pitch & yaw. It’s great panos.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian