DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

C4k or 4k?

Chet

Reactions
I see the Mavic is capable of both. Which is better? I see C4k is a little wider and only at 24fps while 4k can be shot at 24/25/30 fps. I also see the file type can be MP4 or MOV. I own a Mac would MOV be better for post-production?

Thanks

I see the Mavic is capable of both. Which is better? I see C4k is a little wider and only at 24fps while 4k can be shot at 24/25/30 fps. I also see the file type can be MP4 or MOV. I own a Mac would MOV be better for post-production?

Thanks
Either one will work fine. They are both similar in different wrappers. The MP4 is more compatible with Winblows machines. :)
I use Mac's exclusively and I use the MP4 flavor.

The gauntlet. Has been dropped..

First either is fine.

Second I have a measly windows machine i7 4core processor, 64Gb DDR4 Ram, 1070Gtx 8Gb video card with 2 1 TB extremely fast SSDs... It crushes 4K. The brand new iPad Pro I have at work is used to play music while I edit. The time saved on a 4K edit is enough time for me to wait in long lines and take walks with my beautiful wife with at lunch.. feel free to pay double for the Mac.. cheers

Lol....

Mic Drop!

Dang when am I getting my Mavic..

Last edited:
The gauntlet. Has been dropped..

First either is fine.

Second I have a measly windows machine i7 4core processor, 64Gb DDR4 Ram, 1070Gtx 8Gb video card with 2 1 TB extremely fast SSDs... It crushes 4K. The brand new iPad Pro I have at work is used to play music while I edit. The time saved on a 4K edit is enough time for me to wait in long lines and take walks with my beautiful wife with at lunch.. feel free to pay double for the Mac.. cheers

Lol....

Mic Drop!

Dang when am I getting my Mavic..
Wait... you are comparing an iPad to a PC, seriously? o_O
I certainly hope your PC is faster than an iPad. :D

Reactions: Mattias
Not a PC lol... both laptops

Amazing I know.. each of the computer forensic agents have the latest and greatest MacBook Pro's for fieldwork.. Just received them last month and they love them. Cost a fortune... being the boss I have one too.. Very stable and are workhorses... little laptop I bought for about 2/3 the price blows them out of the water.. it is the government though so we probably overpaid.

I'm just funnin you though. Apple has what is close to a cult following when it comes to forensic equipment and most real pro videographers use Mac's .. and while my laptop is faster the Retina display on the mac is clearly better.. now I'm out before the Mac people come..

Lol

Not a PC lol... both laptops
You said you had a Windows based laptop, or Personal Computer, and an iPad pro... a tablet.
In no way is an iPad Pro not a tablet, just a big one, I know, I own one.

Hey, whatever floats your boat I say! :D

Ok to be clear Apple Laptop MacBook Pro and Windows Laptop ... to be fair.. we received the Mac's about a 2 months ago and I received my computer 2 weeks ago brand new release.

Clearly you had to know I typed that wrong.

Work Computers were bought for running forensics in the field they are pretty much used exclusively for onsite previews. They are used part time for encoding search warrant videos etc. Mine I bought strictly for encoding video and it is smooth as silk and destroys 4K. Now if I only had an Apple monitor!! That is worth the money..

Apples to apples so to speak. Definitely not an iPad. Must have fat fingered it. ;)

Last edited:
Ok to be clear Apple Laptop MacBook Pro and Windows Laptop ...

Computers were bought for running forensics in the field pretty much used exclusively for onsite previews.

Apples to apples so to speak. Definitely not an iPad. Must have fat fingered it. ;)
Ahhh, it happens. I sold my last MBpro but next week they are finally going to reveal the new Pro so I will be custom ordering one as soon as they are available (just don't tell my wallet).
I have been needing one for a while but I was waiting for the refresh. The new one looks to be very nice. ;)

lets call
Ahhh, it happens. I sold my last MBpro but next week they are finally going to reveal the new Pro so I will be custom ordering one as soon as they are available (just don't tell my wallet).
I have been needing one for a while but I was waiting for the refresh. The new one looks to be very nice. ;)
Macs are awesome for video editing.. never fail and rock solid. Go big or go home. I do wish I could get my system .. with a Mac display...

I took the decision a couple years back to get a MBP over an iMac, I have 2 ext displays via thunderbolt converters and use it in clamshell mode. It's still easily as fast as the latest-gen iMacs in the studio (however I am also very interested in the possibility of a new toy next month too).

I took the decision a couple years back to get a MBP over an iMac, I have 2 ext displays via thunderbolt converters and use it in clamshell mode. It's still easily as fast as the latest-gen iMacs in the studio (however I am also very interested in the possibility of a new toy next month too).
What processor is it running ? At what speed? How much ram? Just curious.

MB Pro Retina Mid 14 15" (which i think i still current model until next month)
2.5Ghz i7
16GB DDR 3 1600Mhz Ram

I run a pair of 27" HD monitors via the ports.

My 27" 5k Mac kicks azz. 32 gig ram Handel's everything I throw at it.
Down side I had to buy a probox with external hardrives X8 bays.
I also shoot raw from my Canon 5d MK3. When I went with Yuneec the Q500, I was able to use their GUI now I have the Typhoon H and I had to go out and buy a Windows 10 laptop so I can due updates....
Just my worthless 2c.

Waiting patiently for the Mavic bundle to show up at my door Ordered 09-30 from Carolina Drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka