DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable cam like 3dr Solo?

Was playing around with Hyperlapse using Waypoints with my Mavic 2 last night. It's so close, if they would just integrate that on the fly waypoint function with gimbal pitch, they've got it.

I found this last night and tried it out. It's pretty much cable cam as 3DR Solo uses. I got pretty good results last night, including with cam tilts. It held the subject in frame pretty decently. It's not as simplified or accurate as 3DR, but this is going to get my upcoming job looking good, I hope. I didn't realize while in 'Waypoints', that the C1 button can set M2P position points.

I found this last night and tried it out. It's pretty much cable cam as 3DR Solo uses. I got pretty good results last night, including with cam tilts. It held the subject in frame pretty decently. It's not as simplified or accurate as 3DR, but this is going to get my upcoming job looking good, I hope. I didn't realize while in 'Waypoints', that the C1 button can set M2P position points.

Try it before you work. It looks good on paper (and videos), but can be not what you want for actual job.

As I said before, Tried it out last night and got pretty good results. I'm doing another bigger test today at lunch. If I get enough time I'll post some footage.

Here's my test we ran at lunch. Trying to visualize a dogleg right golf course hole, with the building at the end being the green. I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. I can tweak the flight path to get it better, but it had 3 point, rising elevation and ended with the gimbal pointing down. I'm just happy I can do this with the M2P.

Dropbox - DJI_0013.MP4

Today I tried a close in arced 4 point Cable Cam using the Litchi iOS Beta for my M2P. The framing drifted quite a bit as it moved through the 4 WPs.

Disappointingly I have not yet found Litchi to be anywhere close the Solo CC in accuracy or smoothness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lohmatij
Today I tried a close in arced 4 point Cable Cam using the Litchi iOS Beta for my M2P. The framing drifted quite a bit as it moved through the 4 WPs.

Diappointingly I have not yet found Litchi to be anywhere close the Solo CC in accuracy or smoothness.
Yes the Solo Smart shots are the king as far as that goes, now if only I could have a Mavic Pro with Solo's Smart shots that would be the holy grail ;-)

Reactions: Lohmatij
Just returned from filming a golf course in Florida. I used the the "Cable Cam" in Litchi and it worked great, for what I was working on. The difference I'm seeing from Solo and this is, 3DR is really great with small close shots as well as long distance shots. They really nailed down the scalable Spline between points. Litchi works great if your points are pretty good distances apart.It's seem like at least 50 feet. If they are close together, it just doesn't seem to handle it well. Ah Solo, how I miss thee.

Reactions: Lohmatij and parkgt
Just returned from filming a golf course in Florida. I used the the "Cable Cam" in Litchi and it worked great, for what I was working on. The difference I'm seeing from Solo and this is, 3DR is really great with small close shots as well as long distance shots. They really nailed down the scalable Spline between points. Litchi works great if your points are pretty good distances apart.It's seem like at least 50 feet. If they are close together, it just doesn't seem to handle it well. Ah Solo, how I miss thee.

Thanks for the report; that at least confirms that it wasn't me doing something wrong. It is too bad Solo was limited to the GoPro series 4. My GP4 Black was pretty nice when it came out, but just doesn't cut it now. The MP2 camera has its problems but still takes better pictures and video than the GP4B does.

Can't have it all; but like you I sure miss the smooth Cable Cams of the Solo. I almost bought a P4 but the CCs are what made me buy a Solo to begin with.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde