DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable connecting the radio control to the DJI Fly device, Why need positioning when connecting ?

cien952

Reactions
This cable has the controller symbol on one of the plugs, so I deduce that this plug is 'mandatorily' connected to the controller. Why ?

I have read that the OTG cables are directional and work when plugged in the correct way.

Some after market OTG cables are marked with HOST, which is the end that plugs into the controller.

Reactions: cien952
That was definitely true with the micro USB port but I'm not sure that's true with C. Many have been successful with a generic C to C data cable.

Reactions: MA2 317
I believe it just fits better on account of the plastic part of the plug.
That was definitely true with the micro USB port but I'm not sure that's true with C. Many have been successful with a generic C to C data cable.
I forgot to say that this problem exists only for the type C cable. So the two plugs are exactly the same (aesthetically).On this cable, if you notice, one of the plugs has the radio control symbol. Is it decoration?

I forgot to say that this problem exists only for the type C cable. So the two plugs are exactly the same (aesthetically).On this cable, if you notice, one of the plugs has the radio control symbol. Is it decoration?
USB C cable’s are not polarized don’t believe me google this:
usb c cable polarity

USB C cable’s are not polarized don’t believe me google this:
usb c cable polarity
Forget the word 'polarized', it is probably not correct in this sentence. just answer this: why one of the plugs has the radio control symbol. Is it decoration?
Yes ,work.

Forget the word 'polarized', it is probably not correct in this sentence. just answer this: why one of the plugs has the radio control symbol. Is it decoration?
Lol It’s hard to explain the things DJI does.
Is one end right angle and the other one not?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico