DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable from M2P controller to iPhone

wco81

Reactions
What is it suppose to do, does the app. only link to the controller when the cable is connected?

Does the app. get telemetry data like the speed and altitude of the drone through the cable or through wireless connection to the drone itself?

Or it's the controller which gets RF from the drone and then passes it to the app. in the phone through the cable? I guess they could have used Bluetooth but then there could be interference, though very low probability.

<snip> I guess they could have used Bluetooth but then there could be interference, though very low probability.

Supposedly the next iteration of the CrystalSky is Bluetooth enabled.

Do yourself a favor and use the bottom USB port on the RC to the display (iPAD), ANKER is a good brand. Whatever you use make certain it is MFI certified. Make certain the very short pigtail from the charging port is removed.
While we are at it, to minimize possible damage to the charging port, strongly consider putting the magnetic tip in the charging port and that way you don't have to remove it.

Reactions: Slade
Do yourself a favor and use the bottom USB port on the RC to the display (iPAD), ...Whatever you use make certain it is MFI certified. Make certain the very short pigtail from the charging port is removed....

As above, and answers to wco81 questions:
1. Yes, connection from your device to the controller currently must be a physical cable.
2. The data is wireless from the aircraft, also see answer to #1 above.
3. Controller is the receiver. It passes data both to and from your device (phone, CS, tablet). Exception is the controller stick info which is sent to aircraft.

Check your manuals and be sure you understand.

CrystalSky is the controller platform?

Also kind of annoying to have to take my iPhone out of a real slip case which leaves the bottom of the iPhone open. But the case makes it too thick to slide into those clamps.

And to continue from Thomas B’s post, you don’t even need the device to fly your drone. Many posts about disconnection are referring to the link between RC and device, the drone is still connected to and controllable by the remote and all the information needed to return the drone to you is displayed on it.

I’ve just bought an Anker cable, good quality and 30cm long so reaches from USB port to iPhone XS easily which is now mounted in a Freewell mount above the handset. Didn’t think it was working until saw the advice about unplugging the small connector! Now works a treat! As an aside anyone got a good shade for the iPhone once mounted above the handset?
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk